Old 07-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #11
IMHO the Jensen products installed in RVs are pure crap. It's not a question of if they will fail...only when. Forget about repairing them. Rip them out and install some other product.

2012 Surveyor SP-240, Hobie Odyssey
Aspen 5.7L HEMI V8, Tekonsha P3
Blue Ox 1500 WDH with Sway Control
Barker 3500 Tongue Jack
DW & a feisty Border Terrier named Painter
slipf18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #12
Jensen is today part of Audiovox which simply means that their car products are far east sourced and nothing to write home about....nor are they the worst. But there's not much left of what made them famous for great car products in the last century.
I sure would keep my car stereo, speakers & dvd player and gps separate from each other if doing it myself. Putting it all in one box just doesn't lead to a quality experience over time. If something breaks, I'd take your unit to someone who makes their living doing car audio/video and get a quality car system with separate RV GPS and DVD player. They'll finish it out right and you'll be happy with each piece of equipment.

2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #13
Solved the Problem

I believe the problem is caused by the Navigation System. I noticed that on mountain roads where there are few intersections the problem only happened at or near an intersection. I had turned the navigation system sound off some time ago and thought it was not running when I encountered the problem but it apparently was. Turning the navigation system sound back on gives me the navigation system messages instead of the silence I was getting.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Bob Schoner

rschoner is offline   Reply With Quote

jensen, radio