Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #1

Jensen AWM975 audio system

Hello ALL!
Being a new comer, my wife and I just purchased a 2014 Forest River, model 26-BHS.
On board is a Jensen audio system, model # AWM975. We received the unit without the remote control and need to identify it by serial number.
Can anyone assist us in locating the proper units serial number?
We need this information to properly identify the unit in order to receive the correct remote.
Thanks.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #2

First, if this is a new 2014...why is the dealer not doing this for you or at least helping you?

In any case, if I understand what you are looking for, serial numbers are always on the back of the Jensen audio unit. If you will look at the Jensen unit, there are probably 4 screws holding it in place. All you have to do is remove those screws and the entire system will pull out. Just pull it out slowly so that now wires get hung. Have someone else with you so they can take down the serial number while you hold the unit. Now, very gingerly push the wires back in the hole as you slice the Jensen unit back in. Reinstall the screws and you are done.

2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
First, if this is a new 2014...why is the dealer not doing this for you or at least helping you?

In any case, if I understand what you are looking for, serial numbers are always on the back of the Jensen audio unit. If you will look at the Jensen unit, there are probably 4 screws holding it in place. All you have to do is remove those screws and the entire system will pull out. Just pull it out slowly so that now wires get hung. Have someone else with you so they can take down the serial number while you hold the unit. Now, very gingerly push the wires back in the hole as you slice the Jensen unit back in. Reinstall the screws and you are done.

Fat fingers tonight...haha...SLIDE the unit back in...not SLICE the unit back in.
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
Old 02-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #4

Quote:

I figured that the serial number is on the backside of the unit.
The dealer is in Idaho while we are in Utah.
Blue Dog R.V., Hayden, Idaho has been very cooperative in this issue, but I have to get the serial number myself.
I have looked with a mirror and small flash light from a breaker panel to the right of the Jensen, but cannot find the number.
I didn't want to pull out the unit, do to warranty concerns, but it looks like I will have to. It's the time and trouble to have to pull the unit, since the manufacture, Forest River doesn't record the serial numbers onto my documents.
That sure would save a lot of time, if one has to prove warranty using the model and serial numbers.
I appreciate your responding to my concern.
My wife and I are very excited to start seeing more country. This is our first travel trailer. We already have four reservations this season, one in Panguitch, Utah, for a quilt convention, one in New Mexico for the hot air balloon regatta, one in Livingston, Montana for the fly fishing convention and our first dry run in Leeds, Utah.

We wish you ALL a great travel season. Jack & Judith, Utah
Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #5

Good for you guys!!!!! While there are many areas our RV industry is lacking, documentation is a huge one in my opinion. I realize all aspects of documentation is very expensive in the bottom line of any product, but come on guys...at least provide an owners manual that has more details than the generic, so called, manuals that Forest River provides.

Jack, I see no reason why you should run into a warranty issue if you are simply pulling the Jensen unit out to get the serial number because of either the factor or dealer's problem of losing the remote. So, I'd say go for it!

As for your trips...enjoy! We are heading out west in July ourselves. We'll be staying in the Northern Plains and hopefully all the way out to Washington. While we've traveled all ove the U.S. on company business, this will be our first trip cross country in our RV.

Enjoy and God's travel blessings on you guys.
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Good for you guys!!!!! While there are many areas our RV industry is lacking, documentation is a huge one in my opinion. I realize all aspects of documentation is very expensive in the bottom line of any product, but come on guys...at least provide an owners manual that has more details than the generic, so called, manuals that Forest River provides.

Jack, I see no reason why you should run into a warranty issue if you are simply pulling the Jensen unit out to get the serial number because of either the factor or dealer's problem of losing the remote. So, I'd say go for it!

As for your trips...enjoy! We are heading out west in July ourselves. We'll be staying in the Northern Plains and hopefully all the way out to Washington. While we've traveled all ove the U.S. on company business, this will be our first trip cross country in our RV.

Enjoy and God's travel blessings on you guys.

OH MY GOODNESS, I did not proof read that response. Wow, my grammar and typos makes me sound like a "dumb redneck from NC". Haha, I'm actually multitasking while getting logged into my network at work. Y'all come! hehe
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #7
Site Team

Seems odd that you need the serial number to get a remote.
I'd have thought just model and year would be good enough to
get a remote.
I believe you but it's odd none the less....

Good luck!
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #8

I've worked in mobile electronics for many years and am pretty familiar with 12V audio systems. I am pretty confident that the serial number is needed because of a warranty claim, not to identify which remote is needed. With my Puma, I had a sheet that had all of the serial numbers listed for all components. Maybe check your documents and see if you have one???
Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I've worked in mobile electronics for many years and am pretty familiar with 12V audio systems. I am pretty confident that the serial number is needed because of a warranty claim, not to identify which remote is needed. With my Puma, I had a sheet that had all of the serial numbers listed for all components. Maybe check your documents and see if you have one???

X2 - there should be a yellow sheet in your dox that have all the serial #'s on it.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #10

The same thing happened to us when we bought our trailer last year. The dealer just went into the parts department and opened a new box with the same unit took out the remote and handed it to me....said they would replace that one later.