Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
Always Learning

Jensen JE5015 - won't fully start up

Just tonight our Jensen TV (JE5015) went on the fritz. It starts up and shows the Jensen logo and then as soon as it starts to show the screen, I see the [input XYZ] in the upper right corner, it restarts and the process starts over.

I tried the classic IT fix: reboot it by unplugging and plugging the power strip back in. No dice.

I tried moving the plug directly to the wall, bypassing the power strip. No dice.

I tried removing all HDMI peripherals (Fire stick and Jensen DVD/radio combo). No dice.

I even tried turning off the electric heater on the same circuit (not that it should matter as it's been on since Tuesday). No dice.

I'm pricing out a replacement at Best Buy. But would really like to see this thing magically resurrect itself.

Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
Always Learning

The TV shows a website www.asaelectronics.com upon start-up. I submitted a ticket to them yesterday and got an email first thing this morning, "We would determine that the unit has failed and would need to be replaced."

They also asked manufacturer of the RV. I responded with year/make/model, vin, and purchase date. I doubt they'll help under warranty but doesn't hurt to ask.

I found an inexpensive 50" TV at Best Buy that I think we'll pickup today. I just hope the mount for the TV is standard.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
Always Learning

And the saga continues... have had the TV unplugged for a few days and decided to try it one a whim tonight. Came right up!

Tags
jensen