Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

Jensen JWM9A

Does anybody have this Jensen sound controller in their RV? I cannot seem to get the sound to go from the TV and into the sound bar also made by Jensen. I'm trying to figure out if I am missing a step or if it was never hooked up properly.
captacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #2

Have same issue. I was told that'll you cannot connect the Samsung tv to the Jensen jwm9a.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:55 AM   #3

I had to use the optical connectors and set the tv audio out for external speakers. The downside is that you have to adjust the volume on the Jensen not the tv.
Alleyantique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #4

I am looking into options/ideas to set up surround sound and improve sound on t.v. And music in our Isata 4.
Jeffz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #5

I have owned a Bose Solo in my home for a couple of years and it should fit beneath the Samsung nicely. I'll use optical out from the tv to the Bose.

Still, a crying shame that they didn't take the time to simply hook up the Jensen. On the plus side, the Bose will sound much better than the junky Jensen.
captacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #6

Bluetooth Headphones

Is it possible to connect a bluetooth headset to the Jensen sound system rather than playing sound from the speakers? How would I go about doing this?
Alternatively, is there a way to do this with RCA wired headphones? Thanks for advice.
jcmcnellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #7

We have the JWM9A in our RiverStone connected to the 60" Samsung TV and the Bose soundbar. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it but it works as advertised. You should have the Quick Reference Guide that goes through the individual setup steps incl. Bluetooth phone app. If you don't have it send me a PM and email you a copy or you can find the complete manual on Manuals Guides
Edit: I find the setup is more complicated than it should be.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
We have the JWM9A in our RiverStone connected to the 60" Samsung TV and the Bose soundbar. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it but it works as advertised. You should have the Quick Reference Guide that goes through the individual setup steps incl. Bluetooth phone app. If you don't have it send me a PM and email you a copy or you can find the complete manual on Manuals Guides
Edit: I find the setup is more complicated than it should be.
Thanks for your quick reply. I do have a copy of the Quick Reference Guide but the setup seemed focused on using bluetooth to stream music to the Jensen rather than stream audio from the Jensen to speakers or a headset. I can see under Basic Operation how to access a setup menu and select bluetooth. What isn't clear is how to assign that selection to one of the speaker output zones. Am I on the right track, and if so, would you please explain how to proceed?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcnellis View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. I do have a copy of the Quick Reference Guide but the setup seemed focused on using bluetooth to stream music to the Jensen rather than stream audio from the Jensen to speakers or a headset. I can see under Basic Operation how to access a setup menu and select bluetooth. What isn't clear is how to assign that selection to one of the speaker output zones. Am I on the right track, and if so, would you please explain how to proceed?
You caught me with my pants down
For the Bluetooth configuration you need to follow the instructions by the letter, literally.
For the output selection, there are 3 buttons labeled speakers A B C, turn them on or off and adjust the volume that should point you to the right speakers - I think .
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #10

LOL! I'll give that a try once I have the unit in front of me (we have a new Winnebago Travato K on order). I had a klutzy solution in mind that involves connecting a bluetooth transmitter to the RCA output ports, but I'll persist in trying to replicate your setup. Thanks again!

Tags
jensen