Old 08-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #1

Jensen reciever with vizio tv

I have a 2013 vibe 6504 with the Jensen awm965 dvd stereo and a vizio E191va tv which came with the trailer.The dvd will play through the stereo trailer speakers as it should.I would like to play the tv through these speakers if possible.I was told by a friend with a larger v cross trailer that he could turn the tv speakers off and play through the trailer speakers on aux 1 on the Jensen.He has a Jensen 24 inch tv.I have tried this and also changed a few menu settings with no luck.I do not know if this is possible with this Vizio tv.Any help would be appreciated.

geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #2

Mine works on the trailer speakers if I set the TV to av2 and use stereo remote for volume control.
Different trailer and different TV, but still Forest River.

Ken

04.5 CTD 2500 Dodge 6spd manual
2014 Flagstaff 8528ckws
elkabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #3

There is an RCA aux input on the back of the Jensen unit (L, R, & video). Make sure you have cables from the audio output on your TV to that Jensen input and then the TV sound should be available on Aux-1. (My guess is that they didn't wire the cables at all.)

Yay have to make some TV menu changes to enable the aux outputs on the TV.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #4

I called Jensen the other day and found out that the rca wiring on my Visio tv was the input instead of output.I purchased a plug to put into the headphone jack with rca wiring on other side.I turned speakers off on tv and everything worked out fine.Thanks to those who gave ideas!
geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo m View Post
I called Jensen the other day and found out that the rca wiring on my Visio tv was the input instead of output.I purchased a plug to put into the headphone jack with rca wiring on other side.I turned speakers off on tv and everything worked out fine.Thanks to those who gave ideas!
good idea I will try that.

My kingdom for a decent home theater setup that will fit in the Jensen hole tho