Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #1

King Tailgator 2 receivers 1 input into camper

I just got a brand new 2018 Flagstaff 29ksws travel trailer and hooked up my Dish tailgator (pay as you go had it for 3 years now) and finally got it to work in living room. I was told to put a splitter on from the wall and one cable from the splitter goes to living room and the second goes into wall to the bedroom. QUESTION is can I watch 2 tvs on the one hookup of my satellite dish. It does have two places to hook up and the second one we can use outside if we have to. Last camper was wired to have 2 hook ups so we used both ports and had 2 wires going into camper from dish and could watch tv on whatever the first tv satellite was watching. Seems when I put the splitter on it must get confused and loses signal? am I doing something wrong? or should I be getting a splitter that only sends signal to one tv at a time.? so confused. Any help would be awesome. I really would like to watch tv in bedroom when spouse is watching living room without being on same channel. Same sattelite is fine.
mbanovetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #2

Quick answer is no, unless you have 2 box's, but I have Direct maybe dish is different, but I doubt it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:13 AM   #3

You can several TV's connected to a single sat antenna input but they all must be connected after the receiver (via splitters) and all TV's will get the same channel as selected on the one receiver. No splitters between sat antenna and receiver.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Quick answer is no, unless you have 2 box's, but I have Direct maybe dish is different, but I doubt it.

I do have two receivers. I was told to put splitter at the incoming cable add reciever to one and put the other one to the wall for the bedroom. I have a reciever in the bedroom. so the splitter basically has two recievers attached to it.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
You can several TV's connected to a single sat antenna input but they all must be connected after the receiver (via splitters) and all TV's will get the same channel as selected on the one receiver. No splitters between sat antenna and receiver.

I can attached two tvs to my sattelite as it has two ports on the satellite so at least I can still watch tv outside. So whichever tv I have that set up first that satellite (of the three inside that helmet) is the one we can watch outside tv via the separate cable. Just was hoping there was a way to do this indoors with a splitter but I am thinking not. UGH!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #6

I think you mean you can attach 2 receivers to your sat antenna. The connection between each receiver to the antenna has to be direct with no splitters between. Splitters can be used on the individual receiver output ports for several TV's. What receivers do you have; Wally etc.? If your sat antenna does not have 2 output ports then only one receiver can be installed and all TV's setup for sat viewing will watch the same channel.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:34 AM   #7

There is a new Tailgater available now that does have 2 outputs and that is what you would need to accomplish your task.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #8

I ran a separate coax from outside into the bedroom to use the second port on my Tailgater and a second receiver. The glitch is, the tailgater will only receive from one satellite and dish uses 3 satellites broadcasting different channels on different satellites so both TV's have to be viewing channels on the same satellite. Not a perfect world.
Jakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:23 AM   #9

You can do 2 tv's. But each tv has to have a receiver and each receiver has to have a home run cable back to the dish.

That's what I think is correct............... (?)........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #10

I have the Dish Vinegard Pathway X2, it has two receiver outputs that you can connect two receivers into, but they can only show programs that are on the same satellite. I only use one receiver and run an amplified HDMI cable from main TV to second TV in the bedroom.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #11

Check out ActionTec Wireless HDMI. I use the older system in my MH with 4 TVs and it allows multiple receivers connected to one transmitter. The new system only allows one TV at the transmitter and one at the receiver. You connect the transmitter to the output of the Dish receiver and the wireless receiver to the 2nd TV. And you can move the receiver to another (outside) TV if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-MWT...+hdmi+wireless

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
There is a new Tailgater available now that does have 2 outputs and that is what you would need to accomplish your task.

That is what I do have but only one hook up to the camper. The other one we will use for the outside tv. Last camper they wired so we could use both of them one in the front for the bedroom and the one in the back of the living area. This camper doesnt have as second hook up. darn it. Thanks Though.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakm View Post
I ran a separate coax from outside into the bedroom to use the second port on my Tailgater and a second receiver. The glitch is, the tailgater will only receive from one satellite and dish uses 3 satellites broadcasting different channels on different satellites so both TV's have to be viewing channels on the same satellite. Not a perfect world.

Yup that is exactly how it was with the other camper. This camper only has the one sattelite. I think I might have that front port changed to be for my second sattelite to go in. They have to rewire it for me. They did that to my other one. I was hoping for a simpler solution. Thanks. And I knew about what sattelite the main port tv was fixated on the second one only got those channels. LEarned a lot about our dish tailgator last year. YAY.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #14

I use a powered HDMI splitter and ran an HDMI line to the bed room. Same channel but you can hear it now.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #15

Need a 2nd Receiving

I have DISH and purchased a second DISH Receiver for the bedroom. Had it for 2 1/2 years and works great.
hupmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hupmat View Post
I have DISH and purchased a second DISH Receiver for the bedroom. Had it for 2 1/2 years and works great.
so how did you hook it up I have two recievers one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Did you use a splitter where the sattelite cable comes in? can you watch both tvs at the same time? I so far found that i can watch in living room and then switch that cable to go to the bedroom then watch the bedroom. Trying to figure out how to have both. We have the tailgator. If nothing else that front cable we might just have rewired to be sattelite to the bedroom like our last camper.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #17

My motorhome has a coax running to the bedroom. I put that into the receiver and the HDMI out to the DISH receiver. I have to Coax cables one is for the ANT/Cable and the other is the Coax carrying the satellite signal. If you use a splitter make sure you get one that is for Satellite because regular cable splitters down work with Satellite. This setup allows us to watch different programs in the living and the bedroom. I installed a splitter with a run of coax from the bedroom to an outside storage compartment. I have to take one of the receivers outside to watch the satellite.
hupmat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper