Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #1

LCI leveling issue

Hello,

Have a 2008 Georgetown 315. Has IDS 10537D control pad for the LCI electronic leveling system. Works great when it wants to work

Problem, when you turn on the ignition the controller sequences the lights always as normal for start up. Then when you press the on button, Nothing.... I have tried it

1) pressing on soon,
2) waiting a bit to press on, several variants of wait time
3) with engine running
4) with only ignition on
5) with inverter connected
6) with inverter disconnected

Does not seem to care if you are wanting to extend the jacks or retract so you can leave camp site.

In recent past you just had to try it about 10 times and eventually the on button would work. Everything mechanical is working fine both up and down. Battery charge is over 13 volts and good under load.

Was stuck this morning with jacks down until I released the parking break which I have read and demonstrated it will freak out and raise the jacks. I was able to leave after 35 minutes of trying everything.
photopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #2

Leveling system LCI

Not a lot of replies so must be an unusual situation.

Next question. For a 2008 Georgetown SE, exactly where would they mount the control module for the LCI leveling system.

I have looked in all the likely places 1) under the dash 2) on the top side of any of the bay doors..... Can't find the little critter. Neither could a mobile repair RV tech. Hard to check the voltage when you can't find the control board.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
Coach

Does the system possibly work if the ignition is off? Thought I read before that jacks on MHs don't function when the ignition is on so they can't accidentally be deployed while driving. Don't hate me if I'm way off base, I'm a fiver owner that never had an MH.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #4

leveling issue

Thanks for the reply valleyduo..

That was also tried but the installation sequence only works after the ignition is turned on and times out after a few minutes.

Happy New Year by the way...
Old 01-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #5
Coach

Sorry I couldn't help. I'm familiar with level up on the fiver, but MHs are a different animal.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #6

What I have to do in my GT is press the button softly at first then with pressure to bottom it out and hold down a few seconds. The light for whatever action I want, including ON/OFF will then illuminate. There are others on this forum with the identical issue.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling