Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #1

LED Awning Lights WHY?

Really a minor thing, but it's driving me CRAZY! Inaugural trip in our 2018 Vibe 268rks this weekend. Had awning lights on for an hour or so and all of a sudden the color changed on its own. Couldn't get it to go back solid blue. Couldn't get it to go solid red. Solid green works great. Took fuse out...nothing. Took battery remote out...nothing. Anyone have any advice, help, suggestions?
MyTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #2

Have the dealer send you a new remote.
Only one button works on my remote, they are sending me a new one.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #3

Thought of that. Not 100% certain it's a remote issue. Think it may be something to do with specifically red and blue. None of the colors work in either row and when I hit the red or blue button, it changes to pink...so it's getting a signal. May try a new remote anyway. Can tell you it's driving me nuts not being able to troubleshoot it.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #4

Have them send you a new controller too, hopefully either one will fix it and you will have a spare.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
Road Warrior

I have a led light in my pool that changes color based on quick flips on and off of the light switch. Maybe the led awning works the same way. For me, I like the deep blue light, needs to flip switch on and off 9 times. Once it goes on blue it stays on blue. Just a thought...
Old 05-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRV View Post
I have a led light in my pool that changes color based on quick flips on and off of the light switch. Maybe the led awning works the same way. For me, I like the deep blue light, needs to flip switch on and off 9 times. Once it goes on blue it stays on blue. Just a thought...
Interesting. I'll give it a try just to see...but my remote has 30 different color buttons already programmed in. You just hit that color button to change the color.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRV View Post
Our hot tub does the same thing. If I press the on off button real quickly for the lights they change cycles and colors. Might be worth a try
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #8

Congrats on your new Vibe!
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #9

Our has white LED strip under awning. This 18' strip of white light draws bugs from hundreds of miles away. Have thought about a strip with different color (like yellow bug lights) but not certain what color would be better to avoid attracting bugs and it is expensive without knowing the outcome.

Anyone have experience with color that will not attract the bugs?
PapaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #10

PapaE...

I posted this a while back with info about changing to color-changeable LED strip and using gold colored lite to minimize bugs... cheap to do... but only about 16 feet long, (5 meters) not 18 feet...

SEE POST #6

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ts-135889.html

I also changed out the porch light to an amber LED when the LED light strip is TOO MUCH...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
Papi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTara View Post
Really a minor thing, but it's driving me CRAZY! Inaugural trip in our 2018 Vibe 268rks this weekend. Had awning lights on for an hour or so and all of a sudden the color changed on its own. Couldn't get it to go back solid blue. Couldn't get it to go solid red. Solid green works great. Took fuse out...nothing. Took battery remote out...nothing. Anyone have any advice, help, suggestions?
Have you tried putting in new fresh batteries in the remote? Could be the culprit.
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #12
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaE View Post
Our has white LED strip under awning. This 18' strip of white light draws bugs from hundreds of miles away. Have thought about a strip with different color (like yellow bug lights) but not certain what color would be better to avoid attracting bugs and it is expensive without knowing the outcome.

Anyone have experience with color that will not attract the bugs?
Yellow has been used for insect control for many years. I remember parents / grandparents having the yellow incandescence bulbs when growing up. Did the same when I bought my first house. It has to do with the color spectrum that insects see. Blue is the worst color for attracting mosquitoes and other bothersome bugs. Insects are attracted to ultraviolet light which is just beyond the blue spectrum.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light