Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #1

Legend TV plays Dvd in BW but antenna in Color

Has anyone else had a Legend TV in a Crusader play a DVDs grainy and in BW? If you switch to antenna it is clear and in color. Someone told me there was a setting that had to be changed but I can't figure it out. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Steven379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #2

How's it hooked up the wires might be crossed
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #3

Double checked wires and if we plug dvd into TV from bedroom it plays fine. Really thinking something with the tv

Camp as often as we can
Steven379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

It's either the cords plugged into the composite video on one end but not the other, or if it is on composite, make sure TV settings input are on the same. Composite and regular rca(yellow, red and white) are different
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #5

Composite video IS the yellow plug and wire. The problem is either in this wire and plugs when you hook it DIRECTLY to the back of the TV yellow input jack OR with the yellow input jack wiring on the TV itself. Likely is simply a loose connection.

SOME TV's offer more than one yellow jack input (Video 1 or Video 2) and if you have that option...you could move to the second set of jacks. The red and the white jacks are for the STEREO sound and would need to move as well if you so this to the second set of red/white input jacks.
Joel... I think you are thinking of home video COMPONENT jacks which are 3 wires for high definition video in Red/Green/Blue

vs.
yellow composite

Of course the standard coax connection for antenna, cable and vcrs is also present but not too many DVD players allow this connection with is a 300 line low resolution connection. HDMI cables would be the choice of most these days but the RV and auto sound industry does not seem to have caught up to that yet...even though the TV's can accept them.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #6

Camaraderie, yup! Thanks for the catch. I didn't have time to find a picture, but you did great and I'm sure this is handy for others as well
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #7

I just had the same thing with my Flagstaff 831FKBSS Toshiba TV. The setting for the Video input are set for HD which means they want a Red Blue Green input from your device. You are more then likely just feeding it a Yellow Video feed only, so you can switch the setting from HD to Video and it will clear right up.
I have a found a cable that was shipped with the TV that plugs in to use the Red Green Blue but I ddi not find out where to connect that, so I just changed the setting in the Menu screen and all was good.
Hope this helps.
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
SOME TV's offer more than one yellow jack input (Video 1 or Video 2) and if you have that option...you could move to the second set of jacks. The red and the white jacks are for the STEREO sound and would need to move as well if you so this to the second set of red/white input jacks....

...Of course the standard coax connection for antenna, cable and vcrs is also present but not too many DVD players allow this connection with is a 300 line low resolution connection. HDMI cables would be the choice of most these days but the RV and auto sound industry does not seem to have caught up to that yet...even though the TV's can accept them.
It seems to me that tvs are phasing out composite and s-video. Last two small ones i bought are hdmi and component only.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJTA View Post
It seems to me that tvs are phasing out composite and s-video. Last two small ones i bought are hdmi and component only.
Yah...most of the bigger sets still have composite but analog signals are pretty much legacy connections now...older DVD players, camcorders and vcrs... so it is just a matter of time. Older RECORDING DVD players are going for hundreds of dollars USED on Ebay since nothing else lets people convert their old analog VCR tapes/Camcorder tapes to digital easily. HDMI is the standard now and way better than anything previously in terms of ease and signal quality... maybe we'll even get it in our RV's one day!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, dvd