Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #1

LG Refrigerator--where is the watervalve for ice?

Our new Sandpiper 378FB has a LG refrigerator. We cant get water to the refrigerator to make ice. Where do I search for a water valve? So far, I have found nothing to turn on the water.
Thomasnobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you looked under the nearest sink?

I don't know if they put the water supply in the valve panel on those units, but you might want to look there as well.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #3

Where is valve for water to ice maker?

It would say valve.....I feel like I am in a cave,sometimes......
We have a 2016 sandpiper 378fb. It has a LG residential refrigerator. After sanitizing water tank...we can't find th valve for water to ice maker. We turned the button on to ice maker. The arm for overfill of ice is down as stated in manual. We found a small valve under the sink...turned it on. Found another below the water filter in the command center..tried it too... Still ice less. Any clue?
Old 05-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
Site Team

I think I posted in another thread from you about the same thing yesterday.

Maybe the mods can merge the two so people can see what's been suggested and what's been tried.

Having said that, have you looked in the manual to see if there's a reset procedure for the maker?

Have you loosened the tubing fitting to see if water is getting to the fridge?
Old 05-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

Still no water.il.i

We have done everything in the refrigerator. We do not hear even water coming in to it..thus why we think a valve is closed.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #6

I have a Cedar Creek and the water shut off valve is under the slide that the refrigerator is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #7

I had same question on our 2015 model when we first got it. I called FR 5 times and got 5 different answers (all incorrect). I finally just started tearing panels off and traced down the water lines till I found it. It was located behind a door in the pantry that instead of screwing the door to the wall, they had glued it in place. So I had to destroy the door to get to valve. Then replace door and screwed it back in place. You would think, for the price they charge, they would print up an owners manual that explained these things. But then I guess they would have to build them exactly the same, rather than just sticking things where ever they decide to on any particular day.
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #8

We have a Sierra 371rebh. The shut off valve is located behind a bottom drawer next to the fridge. You have to remove the drawer to gain access to it.
Raskw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #9

We have a 2016 Sanibel with a Whirlpool residential refrigerator. I contacted Forest River and they told me they don't hook up the water line because of the freezing liability. They recommended I hire a licensed plumber. Go figure.
James Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:13 AM   #10

Turn on switch

There is a switch on ice maker. You will have to get down and look up at bottom of ice maker to see it. When I turned the ice maker ON , it made ice in an hour or so.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #11

I have the ice maker on....just can't get water to it.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #12
Site Team

Have you definitively found where the water is fed from? If you have, then I'd remove the tubing from the fitting and see if it's plugged somewhere. I'd even go as far as unhooking both ends and blowing air through it forward and backward.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:47 PM   #13
Global Nomad

Ice Maker Water Turn on

On my Cedar Creek the turn on water switch for the ice maker was under the unit on the refrigerator side by the spare tire. It was a push/pull valve that required some muscle power.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #14

Yes.

and mine was covered in that blow in gray insulation stuff. I had to tear it off to get to the valve. And I went nuts thinking it was a PULL OUT to make it work type. Nope. It's a PUSH IN to make water flow to refrig. And mine is a bugger to get to. Behind back tire on driver's side, be on your back, and look up.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, water