Old 08-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #1

Linc Control Box

I've searched the forum with no luck.

I have a 2012 24RSL Wild Wood Fifth Wheel. I just got a new remote from the dealer that was pre-programmed from the manufacturer. It operates the awning, slide, landing gear, etc. Needless to say, it isn't working. I believe it has to be synced with the control box in the camper, but I can't find it. I've looked everywhere. Behind every access panel that is removable, even in the underneath storage. Does anyone have a clue where it could be. I called the dealer and was told that they would call Forest River on Monday. The reason I got a new one is because I stupidly left the remote on the truck bumper and drove to the campground. Won't do that again !!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Infractee

In my WW HG 5th it is in the pass thru area behind a false wall in the rear of the bay, RH side. Directly mounted to the frame for the stairs. It has a reset button it that you have to press to sync up the remote to the receiver unit.

My touchscreen remote got left in my shorts pocket and then washed... two days in a cup of rice and it worked fine but I did have to reset it to work again.

Two weeks later camper was hit by lightning, fried it all...

Old 08-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

Still no luck !!!

Thanks RhoZeta, but I looked there already. I feel like I'm playing the longest game of Where's Waldo !! I have literally taken off every panel that can come off and can't find the box. I've pulled every drawer, looked under every cabinet, piece of furniture, everything. I can't Imagine where this thing could be. The only place I haven't looked is on the roof and I wouldn't think it would be up there..... I hope.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 AM   #4
Infractee

I would imagine it is within 4'-5' of your wall control panel. Directly above the stairs olin our unit is the main switch panel with slides and awning and such. All the wires run from that panel directly down that hollow wall and in to the linc controller mounted on stair framing. I bet your controller is close to wherever your main panel is as well.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #5

I was thinking the same thing, but I have exhausted every possible nock and cranny. I can't wait for the dealer to find it because now I am just curious as to where it could possibly be. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #6

I have a different trailer but found mine behind a panel in the storage area where the 12v pump is located. You are right about them needing to be synced. There are directions for doing this on the web. I have them if you cant find them.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetoride View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but I have exhausted every possible nock and cranny. I can't wait for the dealer to find it because now I am just curious as to where it could possibly be. Thanks for the help.

Wish I could have been more help! Please let me know where you find it, got me curious on it as well!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #8

Try disconnecting the main battery and no power to the whole unit for a minute or two, then reconnect. This allowed mine to sync when I first bought my 5er. No problems since.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

I found it....finally !!! I looked under the sink by the pump at least 10 times. I thought, I have to be missing something. That is where all the switches connect and meet. I looked one more time. This time I just happened to slide out the drawers to get more light and low and behold, there it was. Mounted to the floor under the bottom drawer. You couldn't see it with the drawers closed because they back right up to the water heater. Oh well. Live and learn. Remote is synced and all is well again. Thanks for all the ideas. Much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetoride View Post
I found it....finally !!! I looked under the sink by the pump at least 10 times. I thought, I have to be missing something. That is where all the switches connect and meet. I looked one more time. This time I just happened to slide out the drawers to get more light and low and behold, there it was. Mounted to the floor under the bottom drawer. You couldn't see it with the drawers closed because they back right up to the water heater. Oh well. Live and learn. Remote is synced and all is well again. Thanks for all the ideas. Much appreciated.
Why O' why is it always in the last place we look?

Glad you saved yourself a trip to the dealers....