Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 06:16 PM   #21

First, "Thank You" to all of you who have stepped up to help me!

Wouldn't you think that Good Sam Extended Service Plan would be available when most campers are using their campers, like weekends? No! They are available 7AM to 7PM Monday - Friday MST.

I've chased down every lead and I am no better off than I was 28 hours ago. I can't get the Lippert Level-Up system to support the camper so I can get the camper off the truck. I am reluctant to use the manual alternative using a hex drive on a drill.

I'm curious about these two components. What are they?
http://mypcpro.com/images/Tiny%20box...ront%20bay.jpg

and this: http://mypcpro.com/images/lippert_front_view.jpg
The white button wants to be pushed!

I think I've found the LCI solenoid, but I don't see a way to reset it.
http://mypcpro.com/images/Lippert%20...0maybe%201.jpg

I also found the "LCI Level Up Leveling Control Box" but I don't see anything resembling a reset button.
http://mypcpro.com/images/lci%20leve...%20control.jpg
Old 08-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #22

That is amazing they don't take calls on the weekends!!! I don't understand that one at all. I have no clue what the items are in your pics. But I would be willing to bet that in your last pic of the control box the sticker is covering the tiny black reset switch. Look at the pic of mine and then at yours. Your sticker is much further right than mine and you can see a indent in the sticker where that button is, or should be.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #23

While I am not familiar with your rig, I have studied the Level-Up system. I have a series of posts here describing it.

The blue cylinder referred to in the third post of this thread is a 2150 psig pressure switch that is used to shut the system off at the end of an auto retract cycle. It is not used otherwise.

It sounds like you have an inoperative or clogged Hydac solenoid valve for the right side leveling jacks. This would keep them from operating in either extend or retract. The solution to get them retracted is to retract everything else, then manually override the inoperative Hydac valve and retract the jacks.

Your picture "IMG_2117.JPG" shows three Hydac valves, possibly for front/left/right control. There will be a fourth valve is you have hydraulic slides. In my system, the front control Hydac is on the front right landing gear. The three together are for the right/left/slide operation.

The following procedure assumes you have a dead pump motor, but the first part tells you how to override the Hydac valves. You may just want to manually cycle them all rather than play around with identifying the one for the right side.

• Manual Override - Use this procedure to retract slides and jacks when there is no trailer power or there is a problem with the pump motor.
    NOTES
    • Each of the hydraulic solenoid Hydac valves for the slides and jacks has an Allen head screw on the end of the valve that needs to be snugged COUNTER-CLOCKWISE (not over torqued) for normal operation.
    • Turn the desired valve CLOCKWISE by hand using a 5/32" Allen wrench to override the internal spring and force it open. Do not use excessive force. It normally takes about three turns to cycle the valve.
    • Manually retract slide outs first, and then the leveling jacks.
    • The pump has a quarter inch hex drive socket. Run a drill forward or CLOCKWISE to extend, and reverse or COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to retract.
    • Once done, turn each valve to the normal (shut) COUNTER-CLOCKWISE position.
    • Manual override for slide operation requires the slide Hydac to be overridden and then the appropriate manual isolation valves to be positioned.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #24

• Reset/Reboot - The system has no reset button or function, so you have to do it by powering the entire system off then back on. The system has no on/off switch and is connected directly to the battery. There are three ways to cycle power to reset/reboot the system.
    • On the Leveling Control, locate the 6-pin harness connector that has only one red wire. Unplug this connector from the Leveling Control. Plug the connector back into Leveling Control after the appropriate time has passed.
    • There is an inline fuse holder on this red wire as well. This fuse may be in a separate compartment from the Leveling Control. The fuse can be pulled from the fuse holder. Return the fuse securely to the fuse holder after the appropriate time has passed.
    • The motor and inline fuse holder is powered through a 100 amp breaker. Open the breaker to cycle power and close it after the appropriate time has passed.
    • Any of the above methods will cut 12 VDC power to the system. Be sure to leave the power off for at least 10-20 seconds before restoration.

Home Port Orlando
Old 08-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbouton View Post
I'm curious about these two components. What are they?
That is a 12 VDC relay. It may be to almost anything, but probably controls the Trombetta relay described below.

Quote:
and this: http://mypcpro.com/images/lippert_front_view.jpg
The white button wants to be pushed!
I have no equivalent button. It may just run the pump. Push it and see what happens. Note in this picture that the Hydac label says that the middle of the three Hydac valves (white wire) is for the door side Level-Up jacks. That should be the one you try to override.

Quote:
I think I've found the LCI solenoid, but I don't see a way to reset it.
http://mypcpro.com/images/Lippert%20...0maybe%201.jpg
That is a Trombetta relay. It is a high-amperage sliding type relay to control the direction the pump rotates for extend and retract. I have never seen a reference to an "LCI solenoid" in any document I have read.

Quote:
I also found the "LCI Level Up Leveling Control Box" but I don't see anything resembling a reset button.
http://mypcpro.com/images/lci%20leve...%20control.jpg
See my previous post about the lack of a reset button and how to reset the system. I am not sure you need to.

Home Port Orlando
Old 08-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #26

Note that my discussions above assumes that the rest of the system operates OK, and the other four jacks retracted as expected.

Home Port Orlando
Old 08-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #27

Quote:
I'm still stuck with my Lippert Level Up. Cedar Creek was too busy to return my call some 5 hours ago. Maybe they can return my call Monday. Maybe not.

These are the photos I took of my Lippert "Mess". Can give me to a clue as to what is what!? I need to learn to reset the solenoid circuit breaker.

Thank you for your help.

http://mypcpro.com/images/lippert_front_view.jpg
http://mypcpro.com/images/overall.jpg
http://mypcpro.com/images/front_elec...onnections.jpg
http://mypcpro.com/images/IMG_2117.JPG
http://mypcpro.com/images/is__this_selenoid.jpg
http://mypcpro.com/images/LCI%120Level_up_Control.jpg
http://mypcpro.com/images/hydraulic%20reservoir.jpg

Your third photo is called an OEM Circuit Interrupt, it is a circuit breaker that controls the 12 volts to your hydralic motor. There is a very small button on the side of this to reset, you will have to look for it. Check with your volt meter to see if you have 12 volts to your hydralic pump motor if not this is tripped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1531
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	117178  

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #28

I'm trying to send you multiple pics of wiring for the system. I will get them to you but first let me ask you to check a few things if resetting the OEM breaker does not work.

Are you sure your battery is up to charge? To check, turn on your Lippert level up system and press the up or down arrow button. One of the readings will be battery voltage. It should be better the 11 volts or so I would guess.

If the battery level is good then press the up or down buttons until you see Manual mode or manual level. When you see this press the "enter" button. You have to press the 'enter' button to select. You are now in the manual mode. Press your front button and see if anything happens? Remember the jacks will always extend unless you press the "Retract" button.

Now I'm going to send you a block wiring diagram and my next post will be the definition of the block diagram parts.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	8208
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	117180  

Old 08-13-2016, 11:01 PM   #29

Here is the block diagram definitions..
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	568
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	117181  

Old 08-13-2016, 11:07 PM   #30

The photos are poor resolution by swbuton sent you the link to the troubleshooting guide in a earlier post..

Old 08-14-2016, 09:19 AM   #31

MBeach and Dalford, you BOTH NAILED it. I found two of the mini-circuit breakers had popped. I pushed them in again and all is well! Thank you BIG TIME. I spent at least 12 hours on this problem.

This is an image of the terminal block on my 2014 Silverback. It is attached inside the front storage bay against the back wall toward the driver side of the rig.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:29 AM   #32

SWBOUTON, Looking at your photos, I have the same system on our 2016 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE. I just had the same problem. A couple of the jacks stopped midway when doing so and I would get the same clicking sound that you described. I waited a few hours and tried it again and was able to raise them all the way. I'm also interested knowing what the white button controls.
Nances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #33

[QUOTE=swbouton;1289451]MBeach and Dalford, you BOTH NAILED it. I found two of the mini-circuit breakers had popped. I pushed them in again and all is well! Thank you BIG TIME. I spent at least 12 hours on this problem. /QUOTE]

FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks for letting us know. I bet you are relieved! I know I learned a lot about my system. Maybe a little more than I wanted to know! LOL!!

I now know what each of the four valves do by the colored wires (I have hydraulic slides also). I do have a question about the valves while we have some experts on. My 2 back curb side jacks (blue wire) always need manual to bring them all the way up (won't usually fully retract with auto-retract). I notice there is what looks like a black adjusting ring on the top of each valve. Does this adjust any pressure? Or does the blue pressure switch by the pump control when it thinks the auto-retract is done and is not adjustable?

I've looked all over my system and I don't have that mini-circuit breaker. I do have a bus bar but it is much smaller and has no buttons on the sides. I also don't have the red fuse holder or the white button. My components all have early 2011 manufacture dates on them. I'm thinking y'alls are newer and have upgrades?

Congrats again swbouton!! Hopefully that mini-circuit breaker won't keep tripping. Would be interesting to know what caused it, or why nances seem to reset itself (if it was the same thing).

Old 08-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #34

If I find out what that white switch is for or if I get any more answers to the remaining questions I will be sure to post them.

Thanks for all your help and have fun camping!
Old 08-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #35

Quote:
If I find out what that white switch is for or if I get any more answers to the remaining questions I will be sure to post them.

Thanks for all your help and have fun camping!
The white switch next to your level up system allows you to put your slides in and out from outside.. Push the bottom to extend push the top to retract..

Old 08-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #36

And inside your big basement door on the drivers side you will see three knobs. When you close them they will block the slide from opening or closing. This way you can have individual slide room control.

So if you just need to open one slide, close the other two knobs. Or vice versa if you want to close a particular slide..

Old 08-14-2016, 01:41 PM   #37

Also, glad to hear you got you problem fixed...

Old 08-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
My 2 back curb side jacks (blue wire) always need manual to bring them all the way up (won't usually fully retract with auto-retract). I notice there is what looks like a black adjusting ring on the top of each valve. Does this adjust any pressure? Or does the blue pressure switch by the pump control when it thinks the auto-retract is done and is not adjustable?
The black ring on the silver Hydac valves is just a retainer to hold the electrical coil on the valve since the coil is replaceable without opening the hydraulic system. A Hydac valve is either open or closed with no adjustment since it is remotely controlled.

The blue pressure switch closes when the six pistons end their retract stroke and system pressure rises. The control box then turns off the pump motor.

I would double check that all the manual isolation valves are fully open. I would suspect it first since both jacks do not fully retract. It appears to not be a jack problem. Since the pump works fine, the only other thing in the fluid circuit is the Hydac. You may want to manually cycle it open and shut a few times in case something is caught it the valve seat.

Home Port Orlando
Old 08-14-2016, 08:25 PM   #39

It could also be a crimped hydraulic line---doubtful, but possible.

Home Port Orlando
Old 08-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narboza View Post
It could also be a crimped hydraulic line---doubtful, but possible.
Thank you very much for the info!!! I will check the valve. I'm assuming it would be best to exercise the valve when the jacks are up and not supporting any weight?

Thanks again for your help.