Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
Locking wall mounted TV for travel

Is there a trick to locking the wall mounted TV when getting ready to hit the road? We have a new Rockwood Roo and although we have it lined up and ready to lock in I'm afraid to push too hard and break it. Should I try WD-40? Maybe it's just because it's new and hasn't been used that it's difficult. I know when we had our Demo the guy had a hard time undoing it also. Thanks for all your help!

dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Although we don't have a Roo, (2109s instead), I would imagine that the tv wall mount is similiar. What I do is line up the tv with the mount arms, by grabbing the sides of the tv itself. Then, I reach in behind the tv and grab the arms themelves and push/lock them into the locking clasps. You have to exert a bit of force, however, by pushing on the arms themselves, and not the tv, there should'nt be any damage/problem. Takes a bit of practice. And no, I don't think WD-40 is the answer. Good luck!

mkillora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
it might help if you posted the year and model Roo that you have.
my '07 Roo 23SS didn't come with a tv.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
I own a 2012 Roo, also. We, too, had "locking down" the tv problems. As has been stated...pushing in the tv as far as it will go and then, grabbing the mounting arm behind the tv and pushing THE BAR into the clip is the way to lock it down. I have traveled with the tv locked in and, one time, without the tv locked down. I thought the tv was locked in, but I had not pushed hard enough on the bar. That "mistake" did not hurt the tv at all. It seems well mounted and don't think it MUST be locked down. That's my "two cents"....
UPGRADER is offline   Reply With Quote