Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #1

LOUD A/C unit

Just a question, I have a 2010 Mini-Lite 2306 and I've had it since it was new.

And the A/C is really loud.

Are all the entry-level Rockwoods loud like this?
comish4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #2

It probably depends on your a/c. We have a 2014 2306. We have a 15,000 btu Coleman a/c unit and we're very happy with the noise level. Our previous TT had a 13,5000 Dometic and it was pretty loud. Now when I say loud, I'm talking the compressor cycling on and off. It would actually vibrate the entire bathroom wall. As far as fan noise, I'd think most fans are within a similar noise range that they all fall under (I'm certainly no expert on that, just a hunch). We leave our fan always on... If you have the fan on auto, I think it's going to seem loud no matter what, as it cycles from silence to on. With the Dometic, even with the fan always on, when the compressor kicked on, it woke me up every time. Even listening for the compressor on the Coleman, can't hear a thing.