Old 01-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Low air flow from heater

New to the Forum as I have recently purchased a new to me 2010 26FKSS. I fired up the furnace and it air flow is very low. I have to put my hand down to the vent to even feel if air is coming out. Is this normal? If not what might I look for?

The furnace is a Suburban NT-30SP

Thanks for any help.

Inkspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
1st of all, welcome to the forum !!!

If you have a ducted system in the floor, it will probably be like that......mine is. I can't feel air blowing very much, but it heats up the camper very well.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
mntguy, Thanks for the Welcome.

The ducts are in the floor and it does heat up the trailer although it seemed very slowly. The furnace is under the bed in the rear so the bedroom are has more flow and heats quicker. I have no adjustment on the vents so can you cover or tape them partway too control flow?

My older Jayco blew harder and seemed to heat up quicker, but it had a different brand of furnace and was smaller.

I have found over the years that a great wealth of info is available from every day users like you so Thanks for the Info and as a relative Noob I'm sure I'll be asking more.

I live in deep South Texas on the Mexico Border so our mountains are the freeway overpasses
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Hi I am new to the forum, but am experiencing the same problem with the heat coming from my furnace registers.. There is not enough air flow to blow out a match. I ran the furnace for almost an hour last night and it hardly warmed up the coach. This is on a 36" Georgetown. I had a Bounder before and it would heat up the same size coach in less than 15 minutes. Could the duct work be pluged>
yardbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
We have been out for a little over 2 weeks now and the morning temps were in the low 40's several times. The heater does not blow hard, but seems to use very little gas and warms the trailer up very well.

I have been putting a book over a couple of registers to force more air elswhere. Seems to work OK, but when I get home I'll get some adjustable registers to have a permanent fix for it.

Mines a 26' Flagstaff Super Lite with a Super Slide.