Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Magna Dyne losing memory....

I have a Sunseeker 3170- 2013 purchased in late 2012 with Magna Dyne. Once in a while lately, I notice that if I have been sitting for awhile, the Magna Dyne seems to lose memory on the GPS. I reboot, and it won't "go" all the way, I get errors and have to reboot again.

I found that if you drive for about 30 minutes with it OFF (don't even listen to the radio....), then turn it on and REBOOT (poke a pen in the little hole in the corner) then you will be fine.

And I'm still trying to use the little "pokers" to get the unit out so I can update the card.... I have problems using the U shaped "pokers" to get it out.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
I have a Sunseeker 3170- 2013 purchased in late 2012 with Magna Dyne. Once in a while lately, I notice that if I have been sitting for awhile, the Magna Dyne seems to lose memory on the GPS. I reboot, and it won't "go" all the way, I get errors and have to reboot again.

I found that if you drive for about 30 minutes with it OFF (don't even listen to the radio....), then turn it on and REBOOT (poke a pen in the little hole in the corner) then you will be fine.

And I'm still trying to use the little "pokers" to get the unit out so I can update the card.... I have problems using the U shaped "pokers" to get it out.
There are probably many on this forum that are more knowledgeable than me but maybe there is a capacitor that is going bad and not keeping enough energy to last during the spans of no electric power to the radio.

Can you plug your rig into shore power a couple of times a week? If I recall correctly you got new batteries not too long ago, what about your chassis battery?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

I'm pretty much "plugged in" a lot! I use my RV a lot!

Old 04-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #4

Ours did the same. Took the advice of someone here and called Magnadyne. They confirmed the disk was bad and sent a new one within 4 days. Give them a call.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...er-103013.html
Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #5
Love My Sunseeker

Did you have to pay for it? I'm way out of warranty.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
Ours did the same. Took the advice of someone here and called Magnadyne. They confirmed the disk was bad and sent a new one within 4 days. Give them a call.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...er-103013.html
Just read your link. Mine wasn't doing that. I CAN press the GPS icon. It's just that after a few minutes I get "error and out of memory" messages. It tends to happen if I have been sitting for awhile, even if I'm plugged in, like five months in Iowa last year when I worked at Adventureland. And it also happens if I use the DVD a lot. Doesn't affect the DVD, but the GPS will come on, and then give me "error" messages. You get out of that by poking the little hole with a pen and "reboot."

Old 04-24-2016, 08:49 PM   #6

Did not have to pay. The tech confirmed the memory card went bad as he walked me through the set up and said "we'll send another card". Easy as that on out 2014 RV.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
Did not have to pay. The tech confirmed the memory card went bad as he walked me through the set up and said "we'll send another card". Easy as that on out 2014 RV.
So far, I AM able to press the GPS icon. It just loses memory and I have to reboot. I'll consider that if it gets to be too much of a pain in the butt.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #8

Ours did that too for a while and then would not work even with re-boots. It was glitchy from the start now that we look back on it. All good now it appears.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #9

Hi check your battery's they my be dying. system need 12 volts to work with. If battery's are dying they maybe delivering 9-10 volts electronics needs 12 volts!

Hope this helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:58 PM   #10
7 Year Class A RV'er

The Magnadyne product totally sucks! Only thing we use ours for (1 year old) is the cameras and I had to reboot it three times on our last trip to get that to work. FR should be ashamed putting a product this bad in their units but it joins a long list of low quality products they seem to prefer to use, like the defective LED ceiling lights.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:58 PM   #11
Love My Sunseeker

Hadn't thought of that..... I recently replaced coach batteries.... my engine battery is still original! Four years, only 22,000 miles.....

But as DocsDad said, it's done this from the start....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
Hi check your battery's they my be dying. system need 12 volts to work with. If battery's are dying they maybe delivering 9-10 volts electronics needs 12 volts!

Hope this helps Tim