Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

MagnaDyne DVD and engine battery

Someone in another thread (can't remember or find where), asked the question of whether or not playing DVD's in the MagnaDyne ran down the engine's battery.

Here is my experience: NO, BUT!

It does seem to affect the entire MagnaDyne system. I have two experiences:

1. I stayed for one month at a state park (camp host) where I had no TV reception. So, I watched a LOT of DVD's. The day I left, I tried to run the GPS and got a lot of "error messages." So, I posted this thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...oof-43010.html

Then, as you see from the thread, I discovered the "reboot" option. Fixed the problem.

2. I spent one night at a campground where I had no TV reception. Watched two DVD's. When I left the next morning, I was able to program the GPS, but then I could not change screens to access the radio. Did the "reboot" and everything was fine.

When you "reboot" you will temporarily lose the date and time. Don't worry, it will come back.

And, again for the third time, I want to register my opinion on this system. IT'S TOO COMPLEX! I consider myself technologically literate, but it should be easy enough that if you read the manual once or twice and try it, OK I KNOW HOW TO WORK THIS! But nope, for me it's.... "ok what is TA again?" (radio stations with traffic reports) and, "ok what is PTY again?" (program type) and, "Ok, what is AS/PS again?" (Automatic Store Preset Stations) and "ok, what was AF again?" (a feature we can't use in the United States) and "Ok, what was RDS again?" (it's the thing you push to get to TA, AF, and PTY).

Oh, and then there is.... "How do I get from GPS to radio again?" (you have to push the NAV button, but don't push it too hard or you turn the system off. Just a small push/release, then it should whirl around and you get the icons where you push RADIO!)

The only good thing I can say is that trying to keep up with this system will create new pathways and synapses in my brain and hopefully keep me from getting Alzheimers!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #2

I was told about "soft reboot" where you do not lose settings.
Hold the Nav button until the unit shuts off and restarts.
Had my unit upgraded, current info, and have had no problems to date. Just do not like to have to remove unit from dash to upgrade and pay to update GPS maps.
Regular GPS costs $100+, transferable from MH to toad and free lifetime upgrades.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote