Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #1

Magnadyne M4 Advice

So I need to pull the Magnadyne M4 head unit out of the dash to connect wiring that I assume got left un-hooked, antenna and rca wires to over head TV.

The problem is, I also didn't get the U shaped wire used to release the unit from it's carrier in the dash.
Can anyone on here tell me if this wire is larger or smaller gauge than say a wire coat hanger? I assume smaller, my plan is to try and bend my own wire to release the unit rather than drive 20 miles back to the dealer and wait 2 days.

Maybe the regular Ford stock radio U wires would work? If so I could probably just hit an Auto Zone and buy them.

Thanks in advance!
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #2

Not sure if this helps but in my unit the maganadyne wires were supposedly in a plastic sleave that held the operational instructions. What about your local audio geek store. Those guys with their hat turned backwards, might be able to help, scarry I know, but unless your stealer has the tool, they might be a better choice.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
Average Joe

The tools I got are probably half the thickness of a wire coat hanger. Hope that helps.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies.

Turns out I know someone who has a set of the original Ford radio removal tools and I'm going to try them and see if they will work.

I'm betting the wire size is about right, I may need to bend them a little to match up with the Magnadyne holes though.

I've done a little reading here on these forums and it sounds like the reviews of this Magnadyne unit are mixed at the very best. I hope once I get everything connected like it should have been it's better than what it sounds like.
I gotta say though, so far all we've gotten to hear is the alternator whining in the speakers.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote