Old 01-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #131
Radio Shack, Best Buy or look them up online.

Simply, eliminate the electrical noise and hum caused by ground loops. These problems typically occur when multiple components receive power from different locations. This isolator solves that problem by providing ground path isolation between components while maintaining full frequency response.

I have mine connected on the back side of the radio between the radio and the speaker wires. For the Magnadyne get one with RCA connectors.

The problem with the one from Radio Shack is it works fine, but you will also need connectors to change male to female (if I remember correctly) in line with the unit and the radio. Others you can order come with the correct connectors.

I would pull the radio to see which connections I need.

This should take care of the radio hum, not sure about the ipod.
I don't have that problem with my iPod Shuffle.

Here is a link to Best Buy which has the type with the proper connectors.

Metra Ground Loop Isolator TCGLI - Best Buy

link to connecters if needed (much cheaper than Radio Shack).

2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #132
High-pitched whine

Our local dealer recently repaired the GPS on our Magnadyne M4-LCD by replacing the SD card. Since the repair, we have a high-pitched whine coming from (or at least caused by) the Magnadyne unit: when the unit is on, the whine is present; when the unit is off, there is no whine. The whine differs in pitch depending upon the engineís RPMs.

Because the whine differs in pitch depending upon the engineís RPMs, it sounds to me like the electronics in the Magnadyne unit are somehow interfering with or picking up interference from the engineís electronics. Thatís just a wild guess though.

Iím wondering if the dealer had to unwire/remove the unit to make the repairs, and if so, is it possible that a ground wire didnít get put back properly? (I have asked the dealer this question, but they never admit to any problems with their work.)

Or is there another possible cause?

sclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #133
If you run into a dead end with the dealer, try a car audio shop. You just need to ask around who has a good reputation for trouble shooting audio interference.

Still Kickin is online now   Reply With Quote

dvd, led pad, magnadyne, sirius