Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #41
2012 Solera

Taxbuster - We also have a "daytime running lights " requirement in the US - which is apparently met by having the lights on whenever the engine is running - same problem - the Magnadyne dims. The manual shows that a blue wire from the back of the unit connects to the lights. I disconnected that wire - now the unit starts and stays in daytime "bright" mode until I tell it to dim. Much better!
To get at the wires, I needed to pull the unit out of the dash. The removal tools that came with the unit don't work on the Solera installation, as far as I can tell. I pried/pulled off the simulated wood trim (snaps in), disconnected the connector to that piece (emergency flashers, etc), removed the screws for the radio and the climate controls (torqs type), jiggled the unit (radio plus climate controls) out from under the two screw connectors for the dash tray, and pulled it all out. Again, from the manual, the GPS software is on an SD card that is in a dongle which hangs out the back of the radio. Suspect any update will require replacing the SD card.

Good Luck!
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #42
2012 Solera

I just installed ground loop isolators as recommended above by jamiller45. I used two Stinger SGN20's for the four audio lines (two inputs to the TV from the Magnadyne and two outputs from the TV to the Magnadyne) and one "Cables to Go 41145 Composite Video Isolation Transformer" for the video input to the TV from the Magnadyne. All from Amazon. I was able to mount all three neatly on the back of the TV mounting arm. I did need several RCA gender changers and a short male-to-male RCA video cable to install at that location.
Results are excellent! Eliminated audio hum in both directions, and eliminated "dark rolling bars" on the TV while watching a DVD from the Magnadyne. (Note: best results when using the Magnadyne to play TV audio through the house speakers - set TV speaker "off" in audio setup and turn TV volume to maximum - then use the Magnadyne to adjust volume.)
Thanks jamiller45!!!
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #43
Coachmen Adrenaline

Taxbuster - There is no place on the AV switch box for a second "input" of composite cables. There is 1 input, and 1 output. The only way you could achieve this would be to get an rf modulator(similar to RCA CRF907 - RF modulator - product summary - Bing Shopping) which would give you a coax signal to put into the back of the switch box. As far as I'm aware of, I only have 2 options as to a switch box like we install, and niether of them has capabilities of hdmi in or out. I know it would be possible to design and manufacture something like that, but it would be pretty expensive. Maybe you could do a search for AV selector or something similar and see what you come up with? Send me a pm with the brand and model of your movie box and I'll see what I can find about it.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #44
Coachmen Adrenaline

Digger - please pm me your VIN number so I can check and see if one was installed or not. You do have the outside kitchen correct?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #45
Coachmen Adrenaline

Mr. Leising - As I mentioned in the email I sent to you, I am glad we resolved your issues. Thanks again for being the lab rat for Magnadyne also, to help us provide a fix for the rebooting issue, which leads me to an update for the other users here.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #46
Coachmen Adrenaline

UPDATE: I will be speaking with Magnadyne today to discuss how they would like us to proceed with fixing this rebooting issue. I will post in this thread sometime this afternoon the instructions and contact info if necessary.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #47
Coachmen Adrenaline

Update: If you are experiencing the reboot issue with your GPS system please send me a PM and I will give you the contact info for Magnadyne's VP. He says they will either get you what you need if you wish to do the fix yourself, or will ask you to take your vehicle to a dealer for warranty repairs. Chevy and Ford, the radio will come out with the removal tools. Solera is attached to the plastic housing, so you need to remove the front panel, and then remove the screws(TORK) to take out the radio. Feel free to pm me with any other questions about this, and I will do my best to help
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #48
Commercial Member

I also posted a quick video of running audio from the TV through the surround speakers. You can figure it using the "quick start" guide...but some people just find video easier.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151103152935993

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #49

jamiller45 - I sent the VIN thru PM, any word?
digger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #50
Coachmen Adrenaline

Digger- sorry, I have been working on a new floorplan recently, and haven't been on the site very much. I sent you a PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Got it -- still think it's "cheesy". I guess I'm old school that way. I dislike advertising that makes one think one is getting something - only to discover that it ain't so. When I buy an $80,000 piece of equipment I expect it to be DONE. Not kinda-sorta ready to add more stuff.

I also own a BMW; it too had Sirius and a one-year package. The tuner was in it and ready to go. Not 'ready' to be installed. Even my wife's Prius included the tuner (XM though - no Canadian content!)

I'd rather they tacked the $300 onto the sales price and just included it, personally.
Just picked up my new RV today - a 2012 Solera MS (murphy bed) that had been sitting on the lot for a few months. The salesman and the tech thought the Magnadyne was NOT satellite ready because there was no satellite icon on the screen. I bitched, the salesman called Forest River, and FR said that because of exactly this kind of bad experience (believing SiriusXM radio is included), they've taken the icon off the screen and removed all "satellite ready" logos etc. FR support gave the tech guy at my dealer a code to make the satellite icon reappear, and I paid an extra $600 to have it all installed before I drove it home. I'll try to get XM subscription going tomorrow.

And FWIW I was very happy to find this forum.
Don Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #52
Commercial Member

That rep was me and all of that was correct. When someone buys a BMW or any car for that matter it "HAS" XM/Sirius. It will not say "ready". This is misleading...but we do not make the radios...all that we do is install them. You go to any Best buy or electronics store and the radios will say "Sirius Ready" and there is clearly NO tuner/antenna. I agree this is misleading, but its not FR doing it, it's the radio mfg's.

A little history. We used to use a Jensen radio, had no issues. Then without telling us they added a "Sirius Ready" icon on the radio and included a free 6 month sirius subscription without adding ANY info on how that is accomplished. Of course calls started to flood in so when we added this new radio we had them take the emblem off to prevent the confusion. We'd rather them find that the XM is pretty easy to install after the fact than to "expect" it to be there and be disappointed.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #53

The terminology "XmSirius ready " is unfortunately very prevalent. My son's Audi came with such a radio. As bclemens says, this is not FR's fault. The good news is that it is very easy to add it. Unit can be purchased with antenna from XM (or cheaper from Amazon). Easy plug in install. Go to setup on the radio and make satellite radio Icon visible again and you are ready to go (of course have to subscribe) . Note: this is an XM radio if you want to add it to an existing account.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #54

We picked up our Forester 3011 and same issues. We assumed the radio would be satelite radio ready since it offered the 6 free months subscription. The system resets itself while driving down the road, have to change off of Europe settings, change clock, and wait again for GPS to reload. Can not figure out how to get the radio to turn off other than set it to the satellite radio which it does not have.
lolasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #55

So how do we go about getting the radio hooked up. Where does the antenna go?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #56
Commercial Member

Magnadyne has some fixes. In this thread or in one of the others.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #57
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolasmom View Post
So how do we go about getting the radio hooked up. Where does the antenna go?
I was told this will work fine for the M4.

Amazon.com: Sirius-XM SXV100V1 XM In-Car Tuner and Antenna: Car Electronics

The antenna is magnetic, I have heard of people putting it on the bumper, out on the front of the hood. Obviously the best case is to route he antenna wire to the roof and mount it there. I have not seen a mounting plate (maybe someone here has), but personally I would mount a small metal plate and just stick the antenna to that.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #58

Yes, lets add to the long list of other things wrong with our rig. Are other people having as many issues with their 3011 Forester as us? Arrived from factory, we ordered with Big Foot leveling jacks. (wonderful jacks). Mag4 radio continues to reset itself going down the road, floor damaged, leather sofa bottom trim buckled, wood cabinets above sofa, damaged, stain on light switch, dinette trip by sofa damaged and not attached properly, oven does not work, two small shades in bedroom do not come down enough to cover windows at bottom, screen door drags at top, if we set the A/C between 74-76, it recycles fast and slow every minute. kitchen single drawer broken, bedroom small drawer at bottom right broken, etc????? Dealer wanted us to take it anyways after we refused when it arrived. because of so much damage. Not feeling great about them replacing the cabinets and flooring, feel we should have had them order us another rig. Can you say Lemon Law????
Old 07-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #59
Commercial Member

This antenna might work mounted to the sidewall as well.
Amazon.com: TRAM 2315 XM Satellite Antenna Radio with 10-Inch Mirror-Mount Kit: Electronics

Seems like most of those items you mention are minor aesthetic issues. Should be easily corrected by the dealer.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #60

How do we get the radio out to install the sirius in car tuner, or does the M4 already have the tuner?

Tags
dvd, led pad, magnadyne, sirius