Old 07-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #41
2012 Solera

Taxbuster - We also have a "daytime running lights " requirement in the US - which is apparently met by having the lights on whenever the engine is running - same problem - the Magnadyne dims. The manual shows that a blue wire from the back of the unit connects to the lights. I disconnected that wire - now the unit starts and stays in daytime "bright" mode until I tell it to dim. Much better!
To get at the wires, I needed to pull the unit out of the dash. The removal tools that came with the unit don't work on the Solera installation, as far as I can tell. I pried/pulled off the simulated wood trim (snaps in), disconnected the connector to that piece (emergency flashers, etc), removed the screws for the radio and the climate controls (torqs type), jiggled the unit (radio plus climate controls) out from under the two screw connectors for the dash tray, and pulled it all out. Again, from the manual, the GPS software is on an SD card that is in a dongle which hangs out the back of the radio. Suspect any update will require replacing the SD card.

Good Luck!

Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #42
2012 Solera

I just installed ground loop isolators as recommended above by jamiller45. I used two Stinger SGN20's for the four audio lines (two inputs to the TV from the Magnadyne and two outputs from the TV to the Magnadyne) and one "Cables to Go 41145 Composite Video Isolation Transformer" for the video input to the TV from the Magnadyne. All from Amazon. I was able to mount all three neatly on the back of the TV mounting arm. I did need several RCA gender changers and a short male-to-male RCA video cable to install at that location.
Results are excellent! Eliminated audio hum in both directions, and eliminated "dark rolling bars" on the TV while watching a DVD from the Magnadyne. (Note: best results when using the Magnadyne to play TV audio through the house speakers - set TV speaker "off" in audio setup and turn TV volume to maximum - then use the Magnadyne to adjust volume.)
Thanks jamiller45!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #43
Coachmen Adrenaline

Taxbuster - There is no place on the AV switch box for a second "input" of composite cables. There is 1 input, and 1 output. The only way you could achieve this would be to get an rf modulator(similar to RCA CRF907 - RF modulator - product summary - Bing Shopping) which would give you a coax signal to put into the back of the switch box. As far as I'm aware of, I only have 2 options as to a switch box like we install, and niether of them has capabilities of hdmi in or out. I know it would be possible to design and manufacture something like that, but it would be pretty expensive. Maybe you could do a search for AV selector or something similar and see what you come up with? Send me a pm with the brand and model of your movie box and I'll see what I can find about it.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #44
Coachmen Adrenaline

Digger - please pm me your VIN number so I can check and see if one was installed or not. You do have the outside kitchen correct?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #45
Coachmen Adrenaline

Mr. Leising - As I mentioned in the email I sent to you, I am glad we resolved your issues. Thanks again for being the lab rat for Magnadyne also, to help us provide a fix for the rebooting issue, which leads me to an update for the other users here.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #46
Coachmen Adrenaline

UPDATE: I will be speaking with Magnadyne today to discuss how they would like us to proceed with fixing this rebooting issue. I will post in this thread sometime this afternoon the instructions and contact info if necessary.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #47
Coachmen Adrenaline

Update: If you are experiencing the reboot issue with your GPS system please send me a PM and I will give you the contact info for Magnadyne's VP. He says they will either get you what you need if you wish to do the fix yourself, or will ask you to take your vehicle to a dealer for warranty repairs. Chevy and Ford, the radio will come out with the removal tools. Solera is attached to the plastic housing, so you need to remove the front panel, and then remove the screws(TORK) to take out the radio. Feel free to pm me with any other questions about this, and I will do my best to help
Old 07-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #48
GM

I also posted a quick video of running audio from the TV through the surround speakers. You can figure it using the "quick start" guide...but some people just find video easier.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151103152935993
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #49

jamiller45 - I sent the VIN thru PM, any word?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #50
Coachmen Adrenaline

Digger- sorry, I have been working on a new floorplan recently, and haven't been on the site very much. I sent you a PM.

Tags
dvd, led pad, magnadyne, sirius