Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Got it -- still think it's "cheesy". I guess I'm old school that way. I dislike advertising that makes one think one is getting something - only to discover that it ain't so. When I buy an $80,000 piece of equipment I expect it to be DONE. Not kinda-sorta ready to add more stuff.

I also own a BMW; it too had Sirius and a one-year package. The tuner was in it and ready to go. Not 'ready' to be installed. Even my wife's Prius included the tuner (XM though - no Canadian content!)

I'd rather they tacked the $300 onto the sales price and just included it, personally.
Just picked up my new RV today - a 2012 Solera MS (murphy bed) that had been sitting on the lot for a few months. The salesman and the tech thought the Magnadyne was NOT satellite ready because there was no satellite icon on the screen. I bitched, the salesman called Forest River, and FR said that because of exactly this kind of bad experience (believing SiriusXM radio is included), they've taken the icon off the screen and removed all "satellite ready" logos etc. FR support gave the tech guy at my dealer a code to make the satellite icon reappear, and I paid an extra $600 to have it all installed before I drove it home. I'll try to get XM subscription going tomorrow.

And FWIW I was very happy to find this forum.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #52
GM

That rep was me and all of that was correct. When someone buys a BMW or any car for that matter it "HAS" XM/Sirius. It will not say "ready". This is misleading...but we do not make the radios...all that we do is install them. You go to any Best buy or electronics store and the radios will say "Sirius Ready" and there is clearly NO tuner/antenna. I agree this is misleading, but its not FR doing it, it's the radio mfg's.

A little history. We used to use a Jensen radio, had no issues. Then without telling us they added a "Sirius Ready" icon on the radio and included a free 6 month sirius subscription without adding ANY info on how that is accomplished. Of course calls started to flood in so when we added this new radio we had them take the emblem off to prevent the confusion. We'd rather them find that the XM is pretty easy to install after the fact than to "expect" it to be there and be disappointed.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #53

The terminology "XmSirius ready " is unfortunately very prevalent. My son's Audi came with such a radio. As bclemens says, this is not FR's fault. The good news is that it is very easy to add it. Unit can be purchased with antenna from XM (or cheaper from Amazon). Easy plug in install. Go to setup on the radio and make satellite radio Icon visible again and you are ready to go (of course have to subscribe) . Note: this is an XM radio if you want to add it to an existing account.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #54

We picked up our Forester 3011 and same issues. We assumed the radio would be satelite radio ready since it offered the 6 free months subscription. The system resets itself while driving down the road, have to change off of Europe settings, change clock, and wait again for GPS to reload. Can not figure out how to get the radio to turn off other than set it to the satellite radio which it does not have.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #55

So how do we go about getting the radio hooked up. Where does the antenna go?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
GM

Magnadyne has some fixes. In this thread or in one of the others.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #57
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolasmom View Post
So how do we go about getting the radio hooked up. Where does the antenna go?
I was told this will work fine for the M4.

Amazon.com: Sirius-XM SXV100V1 XM In-Car Tuner and Antenna: Car Electronics

The antenna is magnetic, I have heard of people putting it on the bumper, out on the front of the hood. Obviously the best case is to route he antenna wire to the roof and mount it there. I have not seen a mounting plate (maybe someone here has), but personally I would mount a small metal plate and just stick the antenna to that.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #58

Yes, lets add to the long list of other things wrong with our rig. Are other people having as many issues with their 3011 Forester as us? Arrived from factory, we ordered with Big Foot leveling jacks. (wonderful jacks). Mag4 radio continues to reset itself going down the road, floor damaged, leather sofa bottom trim buckled, wood cabinets above sofa, damaged, stain on light switch, dinette trip by sofa damaged and not attached properly, oven does not work, two small shades in bedroom do not come down enough to cover windows at bottom, screen door drags at top, if we set the A/C between 74-76, it recycles fast and slow every minute. kitchen single drawer broken, bedroom small drawer at bottom right broken, etc????? Dealer wanted us to take it anyways after we refused when it arrived. because of so much damage. Not feeling great about them replacing the cabinets and flooring, feel we should have had them order us another rig. Can you say Lemon Law????
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #59
GM

This antenna might work mounted to the sidewall as well.
Amazon.com: TRAM 2315 XM Satellite Antenna Radio with 10-Inch Mirror-Mount Kit: Electronics

Seems like most of those items you mention are minor aesthetic issues. Should be easily corrected by the dealer.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #60

How do we get the radio out to install the sirius in car tuner, or does the M4 already have the tuner?

Tags
dvd, led pad, magnadyne, sirius