Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #81
GM

I had a Pioneer DVD touch screen and I've worked with the Magnadyne.

I had way more frustration switching from a PC to a MAC. After 2 weeks I wanted to throw the macbook into a wall. I was 20 years on a PC and ran a small IT dept. I finally figured out I was trying to make the mac do what the PC did, instead of learning how the mac did it. I was pretty set in my ways from years of repetition. Now 4 years with MAC and I will never go back.

Once you figure out how to use the M4 it works pretty good. There were a few things on the Pioneer that I thought were clunky and illogical.

The one thing I dislike about the Magnadyne is the iPod dock controls. When I dock my iPhone it puts the iPod controls on the screen. But it does not have a true touch screen interface. You have to select navigation controls on the screen instead of just picking the song/line item you want. On the bright side....I can just connect the iPhone via Bluetooth and stream the music. That way you can use the iPhone controls instead...and its like having a short remote.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #82

I wrote a bit more about my dislike of the Magnadyne in the other thread. Maybe the threads should be merged.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #83

Great thread!

We have a new 2013 Sunseeker 3100. We picked it up 2 weeks ago yesterday. Spent 3 nights in it so far. Got the basic camper stuff figured out then. Going to try to get the Magnadyne figured out this weekend. Next trip is next weekend.

I found an instruction manual online via this post. That was good as there wasn't one in the unit.

Couple questions...

If I set the time on the clock & set some radio presets (& any other settings), will they stay saved when I am not using the unit with the battery disconnect switch in the disconnect position?

jamiller45 mentioned an audio switch box in this post. We have two TV's. One in the cab bunk on a swing arm & a second in the bedroom. I've been over the unit with a fine tooth comb & don't see an audio switch box anywhere. Any idea from another 3100 owner of where to look?

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #84

Because FR has done a great job with powering the radio from both the coach and chassis batteries, you can disconnect the coach battery and the radio will still have power and maintain all its settings.

The switch referred to not related to the TV. It is to switch the speakers. Mine is located on the side of a cabinet above the entry door. In the A position, sound is fed to the cab speakers in front (in the front doors on a Chevy) and the rear ceiling speakers. In the B position, sound is fed to the front ceiling and rear ceiling speakers. Both setting is what you would expect. If using the Nav system while driving, you will want the A or Both setting. Hard to hear directions in cab if on B setting.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #85

RvBill3 - Doh! Thanks. The audio switch box. Yes, mine is on the cabinet right by the door. For some reason, I was thinking video control center. Totally missed the word audio.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #86

Just replaced the crappy Magnadyne in my 2012 Solera with a Pioneer AVIC - Z140BH. Couldn't be happier. Wonderfully bright and responsive touch screen. Very intuitive user interface. XM traffic. Left the backup camera separate, although it could have been integrated. Replaced the GPS antenna, hiding the new one in the compartment in the middle of the top of the dash instead of laying on the dash as FR installed it. Had to add a small hard on/off power toggle right next to the unit. Added an iPhone cradle for charging and App interfacing (several apps including iTunes and Pandora can be controlled from the touch screen). Clipped the wire that controls the dimming when the headlights are on - which is ALWAYS . In the future, I may put a second toggle switch in to be a hard screen dimmer control.

All in all, an expensive fix, but well worth it.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
UPDATE: Magnadyne believes they have solved the issue of rebooting. I am waiting on a final word, which should come today.
I purchased a Forest River Sunseeker 31701DS with this M4-LCD nav system in it. It constantly rebooted or locked up and would not hold the time. I took it back to the dealer and they did several updates to the system but couldn't get it working right so they replaced it. I am currently having problems with the new unit which will not hold central time, it always reverts to California time. Does anyone know a fix for this? Any help is much appriciated.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #88
2012 Solera

My M-4 LCD resets about 9 hours ahead, I believe. I think this is Hungary time - where iGo, the GPS programming company, is home located. The good news - unless it re-boots, it only re-sets the time and date when I turn off house power (turn the switch in the stair well to "off"). If we are going camping, when I turn on house power to pre-start the refrigerator I set the time, date and the GPS regional setting (I prefer miles/feet to miles/yards, which the unit also reverts to) on the M-4, and unless I suffer a re-boot, it stays for the trip (until I shut off the house power).
I just installed the third Magnadyne "fix" for the re-booting and subsequent lock-up issues. Hopefully this third time will be "the charm".
Of note, my unit did not re-boot or lock up unless I had the GPS map displayed while I was driving, even before the "fixes". My work-around while awaiting the fixes has been to use a Garmin Nuvi for navigation and use the Magnadyne as radio / entertainment center.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #89

I just received a new fix for the rebooting issue and (without my mentioning it) they told me they were sending a fix for other issues including the time resetting problem. Contact Magnadyne for help or PM jamiller45 for assistance. I will be installing the updates today. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #90

Finally got my Magnadyne M4 replaced. Everything works and no problems so far with cutting out. Great to have excess to all the features. Thanks to everyone for all the help in resolving this issue.

Tags
dvd, led pad, magnadyne, sirius