Old 07-17-2016, 05:48 PM   #11

You guy,s must be kidding did you read his first post and what unit he has. They put the wrong breaker in, I know of no unit with a 15 amp main breaker, It comes standard with a 55 amp convertor. That alone tells me it's 30 amp with 10 ga. wire. He couldn't even run his A/C on 15 amps by itself it pulls more then that on FLA and start up.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #12

X2. Read the whole post please.

It was a mistake when the electrical assembler put the breakers in.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
You guy,s must be kidding did you read his first post and what unit he has. They put the wrong breaker in, I know of no unit with a 15 amp main breaker, It comes standard with a 55 amp convertor. That alone tells me it's 30 amp with 10 ga. wire. He couldn't even run his A/C on 15 amps by itself it pulls more then that on FLA and start up.
If they put in the wrong breaker could they not have also put in the wrong gauge wire from the entrance to the Converter/Service Panel?

Would you be willing to bet YOUR life without first insuring the wire would handle the load?

I do not believe you to be a fool so I think the answer would be a resounding "NO" to that last question.

I am only suggesting he insure the same.............

I don't understand the reluctance to be safe, what are you saving..........10 seconds of time..........for what?

2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT Diesel
TST TPMS system w/ Flow-thru sensors
2001 Cougar 281 EFS (sold)
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #14

The outside wire says 30 Amp, 25 ft. Haven't been able to trace all of the inside wire, and haven't seen an actual gauge number yet, but it appears to be the size of #12.
It has been cooler, so haven't had the AC running.
It also seems odd that a 30 amp trailer wouldn't be wired for 30 Amps. (My 200 Amp house has been wired for 200 Amps).
The voltage showed 118 when I checked it, don't know about when it was tripping breaker.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
If they put in the wrong breaker could they not have also put in the wrong gauge wire from the entrance to the Converter/Service Panel?

Would you be willing to bet YOUR life without first insuring the wire would handle the load?

I do not believe you to be a fool so I think the answer would be a resounding "NO" to that last question.

I am only suggesting he insure the same.............

I don't understand the reluctance to be safe, what are you saving..........10 seconds of time..........for what?
No but it's pretty easy to tell what ga. wire is tied to his now 15 amp main breaker. Also you would not be running a 55 amp convertor that the unit comes with per FR spec sheet that I looked up. The unit has an standard A/C he can't even run that on it's own being it will pull between 16 and 17 amps FLA. I have had 5 campers all with 30 amp mains, never even seen a 15 amp main. Even pop-up trailers are 30 amp. I would even bet that it is required by the RVI to be 30 amp. But you are correct pull the 15 amp main and see what size is connected, if it is bigger then your 12 ga, outlets wire then it 10 ga. It would also be nice if someone with his unit read this that would be of great help. Other then that it's just an educated guess...In production at FR, the wiring harnesses are all pre assembled. After the wire is pulled then a person puts in the breakers, they are not preinstalled. I know half of my breakers were mislabeled by someone in there own hand writing.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 07-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv ILL View Post
The outside wire says 30 Amp, 25 ft. Haven't been able to trace all of the inside wire, and haven't seen an actual gauge number yet, but it appears to be the size of #12.
It also seems odd that a 30 amp trailer wouldn't be wired for 30 Amps. (My 200 Amp house has been wired for 200 Amps).
The voltage showed 118 when I checked it, don't know about when it was tripping breaker.
This is an odd occurrence and would definitely be covered under warranty. Is there any way you can take and post a pic of your circuit breakers in the panel, so we can have it here for posterity purposes in case we see other FR products possibly miswired?

Thanks

BTW, although I have a 15000 BTU air conditioner in my unit, it is on it's own 20 amp circuit breaker by itself.

Why is no one ever the right amount of whelmed?
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
No but it's pretty easy to tell what ga. wire is tied to his now 15 amp main breaker. Also you would not be running a 55 amp convertor that the unit comes with per FR spec sheet that I looked up. The unit has an standard A/C he can't even run that on it's own being it will pull between 16 and 17 amps FLA. I have had 5 campers all with 30 amp mains, never even seen a 15 amp main. Even pop-up trailers are 30 amp. I would even bet that it is required by the RVI to be 30 amp. But you are correct pull the 15 amp main and see what size is connected, if it is bigger then your 12 ga, outlets wire then it 10 ga. It would also be nice if someone with his unit read this that would be of great help. Other then that it's just an educated guess...
It IS easy to tell if you know what you are looking at. If you don't know wiring, not so much.
The gauge is sometimes written on the individual wires within the outer jacket, most times not. The safe thing to do would be to get a very short piece of #10 wire from Home Depot or somewhere else and compare the size to what is attached to the 15 Amp breaker. If it is #10. he is good to go with a 30 Amp breaker. If not, he should not hook it up.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv ILL View Post
If the wire inside is really #12, DO NOT put in a 30 Amp breaker. #12 wire will handle 20 amps, NOT 30 amps.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
If the wire inside is really #12, DO NOT put in a 30 Amp breaker. #12 wire will handle 20 amps, NOT 30 amps.
This is true and good advice, but also his ac is marked 15 amps, which should be 20 amp, this was stated in the 2nd or 3rd post. Someone screwed up on the assembly line
Just love FR QC.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 07-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #20

I called the dealer, he checked another Wolf Pup in his stock, it had 30 main, 20 AC.
I have replaced the breakers, he will take care of the cost.
The wire to the main appears to be #10 , the AC wire #12.
I have attached before and after photos for others. Guess its something I, and others should look at, although probably not a common problem.
Thanks to all that gave input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0085.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	466.9 KB
ID:	114659   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0105.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	422.6 KB
ID:	114660  

Tags