Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #1

Maxxair Fan Problems in 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S

Hi Forum,

We purchased in February 2017 and were on a trip this past weekend and our bathroom Maxxair Fan stopped working.

At first it only worked intermittently, and now we don't think it is working at all (at least the last we checked).

We have the traditional one with the on/off and speeds 1-4 buttons on the unit.

It seemed like the button wasn't working and then a couple of times it turned on as we raised and lowered the cover. Weird!

We always had the light switch turned on to be sure power was going to the unit.

I'd love advice on any similar problems you experienced. Not entirely sold on bringing my unit in to the dealer who plans to keep it for 3+ months.

Thanks in advance!
Erica
ebell619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #2

I would first take the cover off and look for loose wiring. I would also call Maxxair directly before taking it in. I found them to be very helpful. We had problems on one that was out of warranty and they sent us a new one for free anyway!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #3

There is a safety switch on the fan, that if the fan is on and you close the vent cover, the fan shuts off. Likewise, if the fan switch is turned on and you open the vent cover, the fan will start running. The safety switch is to protect the fan motor from damage of over heating. For piece of mind just use the on/off fan switch to control it.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #4

Ebell,on the Top side is the switch that is activated by the Lid! There is a "Ground Wire Ring" under this Switch retaining Nut! Tighten this nut and your Fan will Work! Youroo!!
Old 11-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #5

maxxair fan

Not sure this applies to your situation, but we purchased a new travel trailer about a month ago. During orientation we were told that these were high volume fans and if the cover on the roof wasn't opened far enough, the fan won't come on.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, lite, rockwood, rockwood mini lite