Originally Posted by herk7769
I thought of something else. (cheaper maybe).
The simplest solution...
Do you have a battery volt meter that you can see when you run the microwave?
If so, what is your battery voltage when the new microwave fires up?
Does the voltage dip momentarily below 11 volts? The fact that it bounces right back up again is meaningless to the inverter. Once it hits the low voltage cut out the only way to get it back on line is to reset it.
There might be a beep or tone when the inverter shuts down.
Try it with the engine running. That "might" solve your problem and you won't need to buy a new inverter.
Nice thought, but the invertor does not shut down. It still powers the turntable and the light inside the cabinet. But, it was a good idea! It keeps putting out 120 volt power, just the mag does not work.