Old 08-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #11
PT Crew Member - 10/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Go to eBay- there is quite the black market leading out unlimited hotspot plans for somewhere between $120 and $200/month.
Interesting....I had not though about the resale/black market. Hmmmm...

Old 08-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieshaver View Post
Interesting....I had not though about the resale/black market. Hmmmm...

Yep. I'm part of a Fulltime Families group. Apparently quite a few families use this. It's relatively low risk for you since you're not contracting directly with Verizon and thusly aren't directly violating their terms of service. But, if the person doesn't pay their bill, you may get cut off suddenly and can potentially be out of part of a month's fees with little to no recourse.

There are more expensive ways to get an unlimited plan to you, but it's a big hassle. More money up front but then less money monthly.

For more information, I suggest registering for:
http://www.rvmobileinternet.com

As well, I like having both AT&T and Verizon in the off chance that one gets better service than the other.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #13

https://fi.google.com/about/
Old 08-31-2015, 04:57 PM   #14

May I ask on what you use so much data? Are you streaming movies or
other video?
Old 08-31-2015, 05:05 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

We stream next to no video or audio. I won't say that the occasional video doesn't get watched, but we greatly limit it.

For me, my work takes up a lot- there's a lot of screensharing and data transfers (actual database data, or pushes of software).

But overall, we're just using a LOT. I'm looking forward to getting some hardware to see some reports showing which device uses what amounts of data so that I have a "blame tool".
Old 08-31-2015, 05:39 PM   #16

Why not consider a combination of companies? Surely you know where you will be going somewhat in advance. Then pick the best company for the area? Possibly a pay as you go hot spot? I do like Ependydan and my wife and I have two different carriers. Sometimes neither of us have service, but most of the time we both do and we can go back and fourth between data usage. Oh, and one benefit to Att is they roll over data each month. So you can build up a bit of data month to month.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:49 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kf4mnc View Post
Oh, and one benefit to Att is they roll over data each month. So you can build up a bit of data month to month.
Unless they changed; they only roll-over 1 month's worth to the next. Still better than nothing, but nothing like their minutes rollover of days past.

(Just wish I had data to rollover these days! )
Old 08-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #18

We installed an Ellipsis Jet Pack in the TT a few months ago as the hot spot signal on our cell phones wasn't strong enough for smooth Netflix or any streaming. Granted, it is the same data plan as your 10GB Verizon plan, but it is a much stronger signal.
I bought mine at Walmart for $49 rather than rent it from Verizon. The Verizon App keeps you up to date on data usage so you don't go over your allotted data, but there is no plan that I know off that is unlimited data. I'm not saying there isn't one, just that I not aware of any.
If you go to the Blue Ridge Parkway, don't expect any carrier but Verizon to have G3 or above or LTE service. Even then there are gaps where nothing works.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #19
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieshaver View Post
Do any of you know of a mobile cable plan that also provides unlimited wifi usage similar to home setups?

Debbie
The hot news right now is that Huntsville Schools has opened unlimited plans up to everyone for $48/month supposedly on the Verizon network (based on the hardware that they're providing that is Verizon-only).

It's supposed to be legit per the Mobile Internet Aficionados.

OmniLynxâ„¢ Wireless Internet Program

If you sign up, please use me as a referral. After 7 referrals, I get a free month of service.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 PM   #20

ependydad,
Found this post for last month. Did you sign up for OmniLynx Wireless Intenet? If you did, how is it working out? Also just started following your adventure, very cool.
Thanks

2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS. Honda 2000i Genny, PI EMS-PT30C.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote