Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #1

More heater problems...

I have a Puma 295kbh 2011 model 5th wheel. My heater doesn't work. It will make a small click several seconds after you call for heat..nothing else. I have good gas to the stove(right above). New propane refill. I pulled the cabinet front and checked the temp overload on the front. It has over 12.5 volts. I checked the connections (wiggled while on) nothing. I took the gas line loose and two front screws out.. But it won't come out...it wiggles, but I don't wanna pull to hard. I don't see anything but the 4 screws on the outside. I didn't wanna take this off and disturb my water seal unless needed. What is the next step. It is a a Suburban 30 series

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1657633582.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	42797

It looks near new in there.
Ps: I reached back there and turned the motor. It is not blocked or seized.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Do I understand correctly that the furnace fan isn't running? If the fan is free to turn, it must be a loose electrical connection somewhere in the fan circuit.

Here's a link to the Surburban Furnace trouble-shooting guide from the library section of the forum... Forest River Forums - Downloads - Furnace - Suburban furnace troubleshooting

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #3

No sir. Nothing is doing anything. I get a small "click" after you turn the heat on... Then nothing. I read on the internet that the screws on the outside have to come out... I was hoping that wasn't needed. I guess that's for the morrow.

Thank you. I will keep the updates posted unless someone "fixes" this before then.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #4

Tadaaaaa!! Heater fixed. I had a hard time getting it out...scared I would break something I couldn't eat. The intake pipe is plastic and I guess sand and what not was causing it to stick. Finally got that out and discovered a bad connection somewhere. I "bench tested" while still wired up and it worked. Rewired the crappy connections they had and extended the wires. Still worked...so I reinstalled and it still worked. Life is good. Thank you God and those who helped along with the forum and the internet. Total cost .50 wire and connectors from the house.