Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #1

My Dometic Experience

Well I tired to do my part and plan for all to go well.

Called Dometic and was entered in there system three weeks ago.

Called the dealer the same day and made the appointment for 6-18. They know me as I have purchased 2 trailers from them and sold 2 class A, 1 Class C and one 5th wheel for them. So we get know each other. They asked me to leave the trailer for three days and I said ok, 30 minuts to fix but hey they are good and I trust them.

All is well right?

Delevered the trailer on the 18th at 8:30 am. They called Dometic at 2:30 pm and Dometic has NEVER heard of me.

Dealer called me and left a message but it was to late for me to do anything. So yesterday I call Dometic back and hey Im not in there system as Mike Rimmer and the cant find my phone or address.

So I say look under Michael.

They found me with the phone and address!! Ok now we get this resolved.

Call the dealer and tell him its under Michael. He calls Dometic and they told him to fix the recall.

All is well right?

Nope they will not give him a ID number to get paid. Dealer calls me and tells me that dometic is giving them the run around can I call them back. Its to late So I call this morning.

Dometic gives me the run around. After 1 hour on the phone all seems well and I ride to the dealer a couple miles away. They are on the phone with Dometic as I walk in. Dometic still will not give them the number, I go home and finally get a phone girl that is honest. She tells me that the 800 number for the recall is just a phone room with "a bunch of idiots" I will get your trailer fixed and back to you today.

So I go back to the dealer and they are on the phone again for the number and get the same BS again. I tell them to ask for the girl I had spoke with and they transfer her. She gets it done

Mike three hours on the phone
Dealer three hours on the phone
Dealer gets paid $40.00 for the repair
Dealer repacks my bearing for free for the problem that was not there fault.
Dealer is still a stand up place and lost money on the whole fiasco.

What went wrong here? Dometic has a bunch of idots I here work there phone line.

HAVE YOUR ID NUMBER WHEN YOU WALK IN FOR THE RECALL!!!! This number is issued by Dometic when you are entered into the system.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Wow! Glad I traded my old trailer b4 the recall was done! I handed them the notice when they picked it up.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #3

I had my recall done last year when the recall was first posted. Mo problems at all. Had Terry's RV in Tappannoch, VA do it. He asked "can the trailer be moved" - I said well not easily plus would be a ride of near 150 miles as I had to drive by his shop to get trailer, backtrack with it, leave it and repeat. He worked with Dometic and they paid him the extra $75 for the on-site service call since the trailer "could not be moved". I had actually agreed to pay Terry the on-site service fee and was totally surprized when he said he had worked it out with them and they covered. Stand up service from both!
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #4

It seems that those that purchased there units new have ZERO problems.

I purchased my trailer used and was not in there system and they failed to get it done on three calls. No card was ever issued.

The card or your customer ID number is the key to a good experience.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote