Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #51
Love My Sunseeker

Well after I got the coach battery changed out, MagnaDyne is working fine. However, I still haven't contacted MagnaDyne about getting updates, because although I have a card slot, my directions say I have to pull the radio out and take the card out of the backside.

Someone posted contact info and stuff, I will do that one of these days and post..... just not high on the priority right now....

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:05 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Well after I got the coach battery changed out, MagnaDyne is working fine. However, I still haven't contacted MagnaDyne about getting updates, because although I have a card slot, my directions say I have to pull the radio out and take the card out of the backside.

Someone posted contact info and stuff, I will do that one of these days and post..... just not high on the priority right now....
My instructions says my Mag. updates from the back, but it actually updates from the front. Mine is a 2014 model manufactured in Sep. 2013

Old 12-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #53
Love My Sunseeker

Mine is a 2013 model mfg in 2012. I had problems using the SD card in the slot. But I have noticed my "owners manual" seems to apply to a previous version, not the version I have....

Old 12-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Mine is a 2013 model mfg in 2012. I had problems using the SD card in the slot. But I have noticed my "owners manual" seems to apply to a previous version, not the version I have....
Sounds like the only way to really find out is to contact Mag.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #55
Love My Sunseeker

Yeah, yeah...... for those who have been following this thread with baited breath.... the reason I'm dragging my feet is that I fear getting put on HOLD for like.... FOR EVER... and then the person I finally get will tell me stuff that doesn't even work cuz they are reading off a script and won't really know the answer.......

Ok, I'll try to force myself to call them this week and get an answer for everyone else....

Old 12-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #56

Quote:
Yeah, yeah...... for those who have been following this thread with baited breath.... the reason I'm dragging my feet is that I fear getting put on HOLD for like.... FOR EVER... and then the person I finally get will tell me stuff that doesn't even work cuz they are reading off a script and won't really know the answer.......

Ok, I'll try to force myself to call them this week and get an answer for everyone else....
I am not saying this will work or that they will check their email but give it a try before you spend a good part of your life on the dreaded hold.

Support: support@magnadyne.com

Sales and Support Phone Numbers
Toll-free within the US: 800.638.3600

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #57
Love My Sunseeker

Thanks! Just sent off an email asking how to get updates. I hope they explain it clearly and don't just send a link with limited directions that assume knowledge I may not have..... I hate it when that happens....

Old 12-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #58

Call 'em. They have excellent customer service. I suggest if you're technically challenged, call 'em from the cockpit, they will walk you through any concerns, etc. One other suggestion, always list your questions prior to placing your call, that was you can tic off as your get the answers. Just sayin'
Old 12-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #59
Love My Sunseeker

Ok, for those following this thread, I FINALLY called. 800-638-3600. They are in California and start answering the phone at 8:00 AM. I called at 8:06 AM, got right in. Rep I talked to seemed to know what the issues were.

Ok, on MY model, you can't use any old SD card. I have the "rear" card, which means I have to pull the radio. Your unit (if you bought it new, or bought it used and the previous owners provided all the stuff) should come with two U shaped tools. I have those. They were in a bag of wires meant for my backup camera. They are in a separate little bag with a screw. The rep said don't worry about the screw, just use the U shaped tools to pull the radio. There are two holes on each side of the unit, I looked, yes, the holes are obvious. The rep said to push the two U's in NO MORE THAN AN INCH and you can wiggle the radio out and get the card and use the NaviExtras software.

Or the other option is to take it in to a professional car stereo place. The rep said to go to a professional car stereo place, not an RV dealer if you want to have the thing removed.

Ugh.

I'm afraid I will mess it up if I do it myself.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #60

Told you they are knowledgeable. Here are your options; the install in the MB dash cannot be removed by the usual tools provided due to the way it is held in place in the Sprinter dash. So, you can either seach "sprinter FR magnedyne" to read how others determined the best way to remove, or take it to a auto audio shop. Either way, print out what you find on that search to aide "whoever " ends up removing it. We'll assume you had all your outstanding questions answered.