Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

My touch screen froze and went POOF

Do I need to address this with Forest River, or Ford (since it's in the chassis) or with the manufacturer of the GPS touch screen?

The date on my touch screen is FROZEN at July 1, 2013 9:34 AM.

This morning, I programmed a route. I was driving for awhile, and I had the sound turned down on the GPS. Then, I decided to turn the sound up. When I did that, I got "not enough memory for this function." HUH? What's memory got to do with sound?

So, I stopped and deleted all my "history" and "logs" and "favorites." Then I got another type of "error" message, something about programming. Now my screen is frozen at the menu where all the icons are (GPS, DVD, IPOD, RADIO, whatever). I can turn the radio on, but I cannot change the station. I am stuck at whatever station it was last on. I can listen to a CD, but I cannot "control" the CD. (I can't skip a song or whatever).

I haven't tried to watch a DVD since this "poof" happened.

Now, if you are going to tell me to go to a dealer, well, that is going to be difficult. I'm on my way to North Dakota to campground host. I am not in a position to wait three weeks for a new screen to be ordered, unless Forest River wants to coordinate with me in North Dakota......

Here is my North Dakota schedule:

Mid July - Mid August, I will be 60 miles north of Bismarck and 90 miles south of Minot. I can only go into a dealer Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.

Mid August - Mid September, I will be in the NorthEast section of North Dakota. I could go to Minot, or I could go to Grand Forks. Again, only Tuesday or Wednesday.

Or, I could just live without it until October and get it fixed then.....

I can't do anything, the touch screen is FROZEN.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Love My Sunseeker

PROBLEM SOLVED! Got out the manual, (Yes, I know, always RTFM....) discovered there is a "reset/reboot" switch. You push it with a ball point pen. On mine, the reset was in the lower left. It's WORKING NOW! YAY!!!!!!

Oh, while it was in POOF mode, I could NOT watch DVD's. Well, I could see the DVD on the TV, but not on the touch screen. So, I could not use the remote to push "play" on the DVD.

For the record, I do NOT like playing DVD's through the driving compartment dashboard. On previous Forest River RV's, I have had the front TV be a "TV/DVD combo" and I don't like those, either. On each one I have had, the DVD player went POOF and I ended up buying and attaching a separate DVD player anyway. I think using the MagnaDyne system was a way around the TV/DVD combos, and I appreciate that, but I don't like it. I think you are better off having the TV and DVD player be separate, even though that is a pain in the b*** and means extra "stuff" in the RV.

And I think I saw BC Clemens say in another thread that Forest River is phasing out the switchboxes. YAY!!!!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote