Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #1

Need help accessing Genesis setup screen

Hello all,
I have just replaced my ZX700 with the new Genesis. FR sent me the Genesis as a warranty replacement. When I installed the Genesis, I used a HDMI cable from the Genesis to the TV. I verified that a DVD played in the Genesis displays on the TV when I select HDMI as the TV input. The sound comes out through the camper speakers. That is all good. I noticed that no sound is coming from my sub-woofer so I wanted to go into the Genesis setup screens. My problem is that when I try to go to the setup screen on the Genesis, I can't get the setup screens to display on the TV. I have tried using both the setup button on the Genesis remote and also the video and audio setup buttons on the Genesis itself. I went back and connected the yellow video cable from video out on the Genesis to the video input on the TV and selected VIDEO as the TV input. Still no setup screens. Am I missing something? If anyone can help me get to the setup screens on the Genesis it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #2

Got it working. I discovered that you have to have a DVD playing in the Genesis before you can get to the setup screens. Also, got the sub-woofer working. The C plug on the back of the Genesis has four wires coming out for sub-woofers, sub-woofer1 +- and sub-woofer2 +-. Since there is only one sub-woofer in my Rockwood they had both sets of wires tied to the single set of wires going to the sub-woofer speaker. I disconnected the wires for sub-woofer 2 and that fixed the problem. Don't know why having both sets of wires going to the sub-woofer was not working but that was the problem.