Old 08-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #1

Need help understanding tv/antenna

So each day I try to check out different equipment/functions of things in my new Geo Pro FD 19. This evening I began working on the Furrion TV and Winegard Rayzar.z1 antenna. There are various cables coming from a hole in the wall, one of which is a purple CCS RG/U 3.0 GHz RoHS cable that is connected to the RF input to the TV. I did a scan and pulled in 44 channels with the antenna in the Travel Position (in my front yard). Well, there are two additional coax ďreceptaclesĒ on the same wall. One is with the Wingard power supply switch plate and one is in a face plate by itself and is not labeled. Neither has any cable connected to it. What are they for? I assume the unlabeled one might be to connect to coax coming to the outside of the trailer from campground provided service. If I am incorrect what is it for? What is the one for with the Wingard face plate? Again, Iím getting 44 channels via a cable coming from hole in wall behind the TV.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #2

Answer to my questions above

I finally got up with service dept to ask about the coax connectors for tv. According to him the purple cable coming from the hole in the wall is from the Winegard antenna on the roof. The connector that is by itself and not labeled is for campground cable service, and the coax connector on the Winegard face plate is for a separate external antenna.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
Head Rambler

We have 3 coax connectors near our TV and they're for Satellite, Park Cable, and Antenna. Maybe the "external antenna" is really the satellite input. Our cable and sat connectors are next to each other on the road side of the RV.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #4

Have you tried connecting TV to the Wingard power supply? The info on that antenna is amplified and it needs 12 vdc. So if it was installed correctly it goes to the back of the power plate and then a cable runs to TV. Then when button is pressed 12v is sent to antenna.

Tags
antenna