Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #31
Wanna Be Camper

I understand peoples dislike for their Concertone unit when they have issues but I like Bob am willing to bet a good number of these issues can be fixed without replacing the unit. Sure the blatant failures like not turning on or off etc are probably issues with the unit, however many more are simply from the way the trailer was assembled in the first place. We had the jumping video problem with our ZX700 and the dealer got us a brand new in box unit as a replacement which I installed. But we also had another issue that when the TV was on and the AC compressor started the TV would shut off momentarily and come right back on. Well that imediatly sent me looking at power as the issue and sure enough none of the screws securing the wires in the breaker panel were tight enough so I tightened everything up at that time. Put the new ZX in and no more jumping video and of course the TV does not do the reboot anymore either. Also when you look at the rats nest of wiring behind the ZX it is pretty easy to see with a bit of time and effort more of the issues such as hiss, hum etc could be addressed as well.

So to sum up.
Are the concertone units of today the best? I would say no.
Are they the worst? Again I would say no, I have been on some brand forums where the units that the factory installed don't even have a name and no way to contact anyone with the issues, our old TT was like that.
Are all the problems people have Concertone's fault? Without a doubt a BIG NO.
What to do what to do? Well alot of people seem to think complaining will fix them but sadly that for sure won't work. IMO owning an RV is like owning a house, you better get handy with tools and basic concepts of repair or be one of the privlidged ones who just throws money at everything and hopes the issues go away.

So to sum up there are more places to lay the blame than just Concertone.

Also I think we should create a repository of fixes users have come up with that correct some of the problems people are having. With that repository in place people could at lest try those fixes before getting all out of sorts with Bob and perhaphs even Bob could provide some tips as well.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #32
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post

Also I think we should create a repository of fixes users have come up with that correct some of the problems people are having. With that repository in place people could at lest try those fixes before getting all out of sorts with Bob and perhaphs even Bob could provide some tips as well.
Thanks for all your comments.

I am adding an FAQ and other troubleshooting tips to the new web site which I am hoping will launch soon.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #33
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandkelli View Post
After 2 months - we still do not have anything working on our concertone system except the stereo. We cannot get it to work with our newer TV, not sure if it is because it is LED or HDTV. We did send in the older concertone model for the newest $500 version which we received and spent two weeks of re-wiring to put it in, even after buying a special harness - which did not work. Repeated phone calls to concertone and voicemails - apparently Bob was on a business trip...and still no luck! Take our word for it, if you are looking for a stereo it works ok - if you want it to be a home theater - don't bother. An HDMI jack would be a good start, but lots of other issues too...
I thought I posted something this morning asking you for info because I have no idea what you are talking about here. Sorry if my memory has failed - it would not be the first time!

1. What number have you been calling and leaving messages?
2. What is/are your issues exactly?

As I have invited all, you may contact me at the number below.

I am heading out for an appointment now and will be back around 11am EST...
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #34

Does anybody know when we can expect the new hdmi output models to come out? I have a new rockwood 2502s on order right now. Any chance of it containing one of those new units?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #35

I just received my new Rockwood 8286WS which is considered a 2012 and I dont believe it has the HDMI on it yet.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #36
Owner - RVtronics

FROG Rally Participants get a sneak preview later today! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Old 05-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #38
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post

Hey!!!!

Thats not fair..

Seriously though, glad to see the new unit is on the way. Also good to see you made it to the rally safely and are enjoying yourself.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #39

Cool

Assuming no one had to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement - it would be nice to know of the new features...

OK, I am curious

* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog