Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 12:31 PM   #1

New Dometic t'stat problem

We bought a new unit, Cherokee Freedom Express, three (3) weeks ago then went camping the day after arriving home with it. The temps did a dive at the campground so I wanted to check out the new furnace. When I set the t'stat for the furnace to come on the A/C came on also. Lowering the set point to shut the furnace off also shut off the A/C. I tried the A/C setting and the furnace did not come on with the A/C unit. I would up turning off the A/C breaker to use the furnace. There is also a "FAN" setting so you can turn the A/C fan only on a "LOW" speed and a "HIGH" speed. This is a Dometic t'stat which has on the left hand side from the top down: "FAN", "COOL", and "FURNACE". On the right hand side there are two buttons for "+" and "-" to set the desired temp. I went to a car show/swap meet this past weekend (four days) with some old coot friends and the furnace did the same thing. Again I shut off the A/C breaker to use the furnace. I sent the dealers service department a note after that first weekend and they replied that they had no idea of what this could be nor were they familiar with this particular Dometic t'stat. They want me to bring the unit to them so they can look into this but it's ninety (90) miles away for me. Hoping that someone here can help with this before I have to lug it up to the dealer. Thanks
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #2

You need to put your thermostat on "auto" and then it will all work properly...here is instruction manual....page 9
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic Thermostat- Single Zone Digital.pdf (1.40 MB, 163 views)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #3

Exactly as fonzie stated. My dealer specifically walked me through this saying it was a common question/concern. He said that power runs to the AC first for circulation and as long as the fan is set in the auto position it will function normally (as you would expect it to). I read the above instructions on page 9 and it is just how my dealer explained it.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #4

X3 on fonzies' post. Your AC didn't run, just the fan. It happens to alot of people.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #5

"fonzie": Thanks so much. Ironically I got a phone call from the dealer today telling me the same thing. I keep my TT hooked up in the back yard so I asked the techy to bear with me as I hot-footed it out to the TT. I ran through his instructions as he held on and as "fonzie" described the fan setting was the problem. For What It's Worth "fonzie": The manual you shared the link to is not the manual I have in the TT from the dealer. My little manual (literally 5" x 5") is only four (4) pages. I'm downloading your link so I can print this out and put it in the notebook in the TT. Again--THANKS
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic