Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

New outside speakers and additional inside ones

Hey guys, So when we are watching a DVD inside with the speakers off for outside, we get a loud buzzing noise outside on the speakers, also when we turn on the outside speakers, the sound is not very good and crackles some. So my thought was to replace them with better outside speakers. The ones that are on there are in white pods but I can't seem to find anything like them. I am thinking of changing them to the round style used on some campers now. Any thoughts? Scares me because I will have to cut the fiberglass to make the round ones fit.

Also, on the inside we have a set of speakers for the couch but when sitting at the dinette, you can't hear them. If we turn them up, then the people listening on the couch go deaf. So again, my idea is to put in an A/B switch for the outside speakers that will allow me to switch between the outside ones and a new set on the dinette. Does anyone know where I can get a small set of the speakers that hang down from the cabinets? How about a speaker switch? Thanks as always.

If your best was good enough today........
It won't be tomorrow.
Feldhege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #2

Cant help you with the buzz but the cheapest place I've found for "in wall/ceiling speakers" has been MONOPRICE . Typical round cieling speakers have 2.5" to 3" depth, so make sure your cabinate can support that in the 1st place.

A speaker selector switch might give you the sound isolation your looking for. Some even have volume controls on them.
SoMoney is offline   Reply With Quote