Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #1

New owner furnace questions (was vengeance?)

I'm new and not so smart I guess. First time trying my furnace and I can't get hit air I did it as the instructions stated and everything but the hit air part works. Fan is blowing I can hear the cLicks but it blows cold air lp tanks are full and in. Its there a truck I'm missing
david155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #2

Sounds as if your ducts are blocked or not connected. You may need to take a look at the furnace compartment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #3

Would the air still flow through the vents
Old 12-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #4

Have you purged your lines since connecting the re-filled tanks? I have found that I need to light my stove first. It seems that any air in the gas line prevents the furnace from lighting and after 3 attempts it locks out.

I'd light at least one burner to prove gas flow is good first (that way the furnace only has to purge the line from the TEE on the main line). Then try again. Note on my furnace I have to power down (shut it off) then back on to re-set so it will try to light again.

Good luck - let us know if you fix it especially if it is something else so we can share the knowledge.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #5

Thanks I will try that. The hot water heater came on and heated up but I didn't try the stove. I have never disconnected the tanks. They have been turNed off since I bought the trailer. I have only used it during the summer so I didn't need to heat anything. Lol more its time and I don't know how to
Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #6

Could be some Cobb webs or mud daubers up in ur burner office. The clicking is your direct spark ignition which lights off the gas. It tries 3 attempts at like 30 seconds each and if no flame was proved it defaults your blower on. That's why you get the cold air. Turn off power to it and try again.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #7

Ok this may be a dumb question but in the outside at the vent label hot where the hot water heater lights up is that the same spot the furnace lights
Old 12-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #8

What type of RV do you have?

Generally, no, the Furnace exhaust vent is not the same as your hot water vent.

You need to locate where your furnace ignation is - since your hot water works fine, purging the LP lines will most likely do no good (although check, can you light a burner on your stove? if so, then your lines are purged)

I agree with others, I am betting something is clogging the igniter in your furnace (and it could well be critters!...they LOVE LP fumes!)

Your blower is working so your vents are not blocked, you have hot water and can light your stove, so your LP lines are working. Last culprit in the chain is something malfuncting with lighting the burner in your furnace.

(Oh, and check your furnace vent as well to make sure you do not have any "squatters" in there as well
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #9

I have a vengeance 25' toy hauler
Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #10

Any ideas where to start LooKing for the area the furnace igniter is in and the furnace vent
Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #11

Furnace vent is probably a chrome piece on the outside I your trailer in the general location of your furnace. Most likely 2 hole about 2-1/2" in diameter. One is an intake and the other an exhaust. Prob says something like "hot caution" near it. Shine a flashlight up in there. As far as the igniter you will have to find your burner tubes. Look for te gas line feeding it. Get a small mirror and flashlight and look around the burner tubes.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #12

There should be a law agAinst how dumb I feel right now. So here is my ignorance. I guess I assumed the furnace in the rv was like the one in my house. So I'm all my infinite wisdom I stood with my hand under the vents in the ceiling waiting for hot air to come out that never did. Today while storming around in there I felt the warm air coming up from the vents in the floor. I should probably just sleep outside and not try have an rv.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by david155 View Post
There should be a law agAinst how dumb I feel right now. So here is my ignorance. I guess I assumed the furnace in the rv was like the one in my house. So I'm all my infinite wisdom I stood with my hand under the vents in the ceiling waiting for hot air to come out that never did. Today while storming around in there I felt the warm air coming up from the vents in the floor. I should probably just sleep outside and not try have an rv.

That's funny! Yeah ac is from the roof and the heater vents from the floor. Hot air rises so it would be hard to get that air down low and warm up the rig. Glad it's working.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Here's your sign.......

We have all been there on one thing or another. Dumb, you say...? Not really.... Funny? Yes . But know that we are not laughing at you, we are laughing with you. This may be one of your first, OMG.... but it defiantly will not be your last when it comes to camping and campers. Congrats for finding the 'problem'. Have fun with you new camper

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #15

Thanks and go ahead and laugh at me I am lol.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Here's your sign.......

We have all been there on one thing or another. Dumb, you say...? Not really.... Funny? Yes . But know that we are not laughing at you, we are laughing with you. This may be one of your first, OMG.... but it defiantly will not be your last when it comes to camping and campers. Congrats for finding the 'problem'. Have fun with you new camper
+1 with what Brother Les says: We have all been there at some level - I'd share my first experience flushing the black water tank but then i don't want to give you all side pains from laughing so hard! The cliff notes version: - The dealer told me to stick this wand in the toilet and rinse the walls until everything was clear - by the time it was all over I had flooded the trailer - thank God my first time was in a rental

Good luck with it david, the memories and the good times you will have down the road are priceless. Thanks for sharing and putting a smile on our faces!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #17

The sad part is I am scared to add alcohol in fear of what might happen then
Old 01-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
NELA

Quote:
We've all been there. On our first cold weather camping trip we fired up the furnace and went to bed. 3 hours later we were rudely awakened by the smoke alarm. RV was full of smoke....note that it's a new RV, first use of the furnace.

I'm grabbing the dog and scrambling out of bed and DH is running through smoke to the alarm.

It was the annealing oil burning off the heat exchanger tubes.

HELLO? I was co-owner of a A/C dealership for TWENTY YEARS!

I should have KNOWN that. DUH.

The fine folks here jogged our/my cobweb clogged memory and set our minds at ease, and by pure luck a fella camping across from us owned his own A/C business, offered to come over and check it out to put me totally at ease, wouldn't let me pay him, so we invited him and his DW over that night for...OPEN BAR!

Just think of RVing as a never ending learning curve...a *hairpin* curve at that, and take it slow and easy.

These folks here have definitely gotcherback when you have questions.

I'ma tellin' ya now, this forum is awesomeness X eleventy and RVers are fine folks!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #19

I love it. This site is not only educational but also very entertaining. There is probably the potential for some very good movie clips here and I'm sure I could star in a few.

Tags
furnace