Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #1

new rv gps

Was wondering of some opinions on the newer RV gps how does anyone like there's and what kind do you have??

R & S
2011 Georgetown 350TS
Honda CRV toad
rstoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:37 AM   #2

Hate to say it but I have been through 1 tom tom and I'm now on my 3rd Garmin. I still can't rely on any of them. I even bought the low clearance for bridges an add on program, that for sure I do not rely on. I don't own a smart phone, have a throw away so no GPS with that. Been looking at the trucker driver one, where you can set you height and length. Just can't or won't spend more money on them. My wife reads a map next to me. And she will say turn here for this route, I say NO the GPS tells me this way. Big arguement, then at the end she was right. I use to download my route from the internet, seems it never transferred right. Now I just input the address of the destination, much better. But then I still have my wife.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #3

I have a Garmin RV760LMT. We've only used it a couple times in RV mode but I think it tried to send me thru the Ft. McHenry Tunnel on interstate 95 in Baltimore, MD on my last trip, which would be completely wrong and cause all kinds of issues. I took an alternate route, across the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which doesn't have propane restrictions.

The reason I think that is that instead of telling me to take the exit for the Baltimore Beltway (695) that I needed to take for the bridge it was telling me to continue on 95 S. I didn't view the route suggested by the GPS because I was driving and didn't want to take my attention off the road.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote