Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #1

NEW WINDJAMMER...NO CABLE tv INPUT.. NEED ELECTRONICS GURU'S HELP!

This is what I have come up with and against so far.

1. Dealer is trying but no help so far.
2. Trailer is a 2012 windjammer 2609
3. Toshiba 32 in Tv [2011 modle]
4. Genesis Gt-3.0 system
5. I can receive over the air antenna signal.
6. I can receive Dish signal...Genesis set to AV1 input..Tv to vidio
7. I can watch DVD's...Genesis set to AV2 input.....Tv to vidio
8. I have 2 connections on the outside of trailer ,one for Dish,one for cable
9. I have a plate inside [white] that dish connects to...see attachment
10. I have a black plate for satalite or cable...see attachment
11. The Tv gives me a choice of input..ant/cable.but will not give me
option of chosing one or the other.
12. All connections on back of Tv go to the Genesis.

I have tried every combo and every setting on the Tv and the genesis but still no cable.....any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer 001.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	10326   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer 003.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	10327  
peaeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #2

Not sure about all of your setup, but to point 11: with TV input set to ant/cable it would then be necessary to go into the setup menu for the Tv and select whether you want antenna or cable. It likely will then be necessary to "program" the tuner. There is usually an auto search function. It will scan for all available channels. If you switch from antenna (on air) channels to cable, or vice a versatile, you will ha e to scan for channels again.

Hope this helpsa little.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
Not sure about all of your setup, but to point 11: with TV input set to ant/cable it would then be necessary to go into the setup menu for the Tv and select whether you want antenna or cable. It likely will then be necessary to "program" the tuner. There is usually an auto search function. It will scan for all available channels. If you switch from antenna (on air) channels to cable, or vice a versatile, you will ha e to scan for channels again.

Hope this helpsa little.
In the setup menu it will not give me an option to chose between antenna or cable.only thing it shows is ant/cable..will not let me make a choice of the two
Old 02-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #4

I'm not familiar with the Genesis system but I'll throw my thoughts in.
The ant/cable setting on the TV is usually to tell the tuner how to behave. Regular over the air TV signals are a bit different that cable once you go past ch. 13, as I recall. Generally people have cable or satellite but not both. The white plate, I guessing, is for the Genesis inputs and you would plug the AV outputs of either a satellite box OR a cable box into it.

If you can directly tune the cable channels with your TV, I think you can, then take the coax from the black plate cable connector and plug that into the coax connector on the TV and set it for cable. Then use the tuner to view.
Joel
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #5

Okay, so I re-read the OP and I see that #11 is referring to just the input. That input would be the coax connector on the back of the TV.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
Okay, so I re-read the OP and I see that #11 is referring to just the input. That input would be the coax connector on the back of the TV.

The input is from the menu on the Tv
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
I'm not familiar with the Genesis system but I'll throw my thoughts in.
The ant/cable setting on the TV is usually to tell the tuner how to behave. Regular over the air TV signals are a bit different that cable once you go past ch. 13, as I recall. Generally people have cable or satellite but not both. The white plate, I guessing, is for the Genesis inputs and you would plug the AV outputs of either a satellite box OR a cable box into it.

If you can directly tune the cable channels with your TV, I think you can, then take the coax from the black plate cable connector and plug that into the coax connector on the TV and set it for cable. Then use the tuner to view.
Joel
I could probably do what you are suggesting,but I think the problem is in the way the trailer Tv /genesis wireing is setup............me thinks they got something wrong...but what I may never know what.All I know is i should be able to run a cable to the outside plug[that the dealer says is cable?]and go to my Tv and chose cable from a menu.This is not an option at this point.Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Hob

I'm missing something in all of this. On the black plate with 2 connectors on it, you will need one from each jack into a splitter. The splitter runs 2 lines into one outlet. The little black button will have to be pushed in or pushed to the out position to get from antenna to satellite position. Mine has a green lite when the antenna amplifier is on. I can't get satellite when the lite is on. Turn it off and re-adjust the tv for the satellite channels to come thru. This is probably clear as mud right now but you need to go to a satellite provider to explain how to get satellite to come in. He should be able to draw you a simple picture of how it works. If nothing seems to work send me your phone number in a private message and I think I can talk you through it.

Best Regards,

Hob

Best regards
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
I'm missing something in all of this. On the black plate with 2 connectors on it, you will need one from each jack into a splitter. The splitter runs 2 lines into one outlet. The little black button will have to be pushed in or pushed to the out position to get from antenna to satellite position. Mine has a green lite when the antenna amplifier is on. I can't get satellite when the lite is on. Turn it off and re-adjust the tv for the satellite channels to come thru. This is probably clear as mud right now but you need to go to a satellite provider to explain how to get satellite to come in. He should be able to draw you a simple picture of how it works. If nothing seems to work send me your phone number in a private message and I think I can talk you through it.

Best Regards,

Hob

Best regards
Hob......I can get satellite[Dish],its the cable ,like in parks that I cant get to work.I will send you my number ,I would still like to get your input...thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #10

Repeat of the solution from the Rockwood section.

Success in getting cable reception!!!!!It goes as follows....and yep it was simple.

I started a movie playing in a dvd in the house....
Ran coax from out on dvd to cable in receptical on outside of trailer......
Did NOT turn genesis system on.....
Toshiba input to air/cable,select cable....[this is buried deep in the menu]
Turned the Tv boost OFF
Ran thru the channels,and presto the movie showed up on channel 3.....

The picture in the trailer could have been better,but I had to run 2 long coax cables.

I hope this helps someone down the way figure this out.Many thanks to all that have contributed to finding the solution to this problem.

If anyone needs anymore info as to what I did......just give me a holler.