Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 28
A friend of mine also recommended Winegard's trav'ler antennas. He said it works great. In fact, I never thought there were so many options for TV antennas.
__________________

__________________
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."

-Ayn Rand
NicholasMeleeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #22
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I've tried 100' and had no negative results...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
Yes, but isn't the Wineguard G2+ just standard definition with DirecTV? It is my understanding that it cannot pick up the HD (high definition) signal. I put the more expensive Wineguard trav'ler high definition system up on my Class C roof so I could get the HD signal, but if I had it to do over again I would go with a less expensive setup.
Yes, it is just SD. We were actually going to buy the trav'ler. That is the one the salesperson talked us out of. I'll stick with SD for now to save the $1500. The other reason was the ability to move the portable unit. If you get a spot that has the southern exposure blocked, the trailer won't be able to get signal. I also was a little hesitant to drill holes in the roof of my brand new 2017 travel trailer.

Time will tell if the SD will be good enough or I will later want to move up to HD.
__________________
steve867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:57 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
qwkzotc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve867 View Post
Yes, it is just SD. We were actually going to buy the trav'ler. That is the one the salesperson talked us out of. I'll stick with SD for now to save the $1500. The other reason was the ability to move the portable unit. If you get a spot that has the southern exposure blocked, the trailer won't be able to get signal. I also was a little hesitant to drill holes in the roof of my brand new 2017 travel trailer.

Time will tell if the SD will be good enough or I will later want to move up to HD.
FWIW, if using SD only on DirecTV, I recommend going to your DirecTV menu/Display/Preferences and select the option to "hide HD Channels". This will remove them from the guide so you will only see the SD channels. If you don't do this and you input a channel number to your remote it will go to the HD channel and not find a signal, forcing you to open the guide and move the selection to the SD choice.

Enjoy! Dan
__________________
2014 Palomino Puma 19RL
2012 Toyota Tacoma with TRD SC
Husky Centerline WDH
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Winegard G2 Portable Satellite
qwkzotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,307
Still can't figure why the Travl'r couldn't be portable.
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwkzotc View Post
FWIW, if using SD only on DirecTV, I recommend going to your DirecTV menu/Display/Preferences and select the option to "hide HD Channels". This will remove them from the guide so you will only see the SD channels. If you don't do this and you input a channel number to your remote it will go to the HD channel and not find a signal, forcing you to open the guide and move the selection to the SD choice.

Enjoy! Dan
I have an old SD only box so this is not an issue for me.
__________________
steve867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #27
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
D-12?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #28
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Bob, where did you get the Ladder mount for the Tailgater, I want one
Fantastic idea, I've seen one or two similar to that made out of alum tubing.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #29
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Fantastic idea, I've seen one or two similar to that made out of alum tubing.
Hahaha......some just can't afford that high dollar stuff!.......And, have to dumpster dive to come up with other folks cast-off scraps....
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
satellite

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.