Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #11

I sent a rfi to winegard and will post their comments. I have thought of adding a mountable interior powered antenna, similar to what I used to add to my car radios.

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
Current River Rat

I posted earlier on the Touch Audio imitation radio they put in my rig. Absolutely no AM reception, even in St. Louis with the 50,000watt KMOX down the street, so to speak. FM sucks also with maybe half the stations fair to decent. What a piece of crap. Replaced once already, not any better.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
"Compact amplified omni-directional antenna continuously receives VHF/UHF/FM signals from all directions without adjustment."

Herk, this is from the desc. Looks like it does have fm? I have the same and its terrible. Maybe a email to them is due.

Thanks

Soooo, I just read the installation instructions on that page and while it says "TV/FM" in the subject line, there is no mention of installing a radio in any of the directions. An FM "trap" is required to suck out the 88 to 108 Mhz band and route it to the radio.

Since there is a warning about installing any splitters in the down lead, if there is an FM "trap" it would have to be located in the TV2 output.

If this is the case, you are correct that the power to the switch must be on to get a roof signal through to TV2 and the downstream FM trap.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...UHFFM&c=Signal

or something like it, is what you are looking for in the TV2 output line.

FM Transmission Lines and Coupling
is an interesting read and could be the cause of your crappy FM.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #14
Current River Rat

I'm just wondering at what point in these problems would FR take action to come up with a decent fix for this type of problem? Offer a replacement brand that actually is a radio that works! Do we need to start a petition string to maybe let them know what a problem this is? I will be forming an email tomorrow to address this and the lack of the fresh water tank vent hose being installed. (another thread altogether) Had several jump on that had the same experience. Factory says they no longer install the hose.
Hope the bugs don't find out!! I truly think some of these problems are unacceptable and unreasonable. My dealer shop guys told me from the get go the radio wasn't very good. That's great way to start off new ownership. Sorry for the rant, just irritated.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #15

With my touch audio in my 264L besides the many other issues, I couldn't pick up the weather radio. I opened everything up and the connections on all the splitters weren't even hand tight, so I tightened everything and switched out some of the short coax jumpers and everything is great now.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #16

I had talked with the dealer and the shop manager told me Forest River sells the Touch Audio radio for $400 but only pay's $15 for it. So yesterday the dealer calls and says to take a small mirror and lay on the roof under the fancy antenna and see if a red light is on and if not it could be the antenna with the problem. Barnman I will try that also.I've got a phone number for Forest River and will be using it.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
Current River Rat

$400.00
Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #18

Herk that is very usefull info, Thanks
Old 05-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #19

The suggestion to check the connections would be my first look. The fm radio band is located between (old) channel 6 and 7. The antenna shouldn't have any problem receiving it.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #20

Well the connections are good and I'm going to change the splitter and unplug the tv from the splitter so the radio is the only thing dedicated to the antenna. Then I'm gonna turn the non turnable antenna. Hey jim where is channel 6 & 7?