Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #21

Channel 6 was just below 88 MHz, u use to be able to tune the audio of channel 6 by tuning just below 88 MHz. Not sure where 7 began but there is quiet a bit of communication services in there (ie land mobile, fm brawcast, weather, amateur, etc)

My radio has its own antenna on the side of the trailer. I would suggest pluging another antenna in to the radio and see if can get anything. Try and determine if it is the radio or antenna. A piece of bare wire abt a foot long should work enough to see if the radio works (the center conductor stripped bare of the onsulation and brad will be the right size and should work).
I'm not familiar with ur setup. The older ones had their own antenna and didn't use the tv antenna.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #22

I'm afraid my exclamation is sloppy. In a round about way, I'm saying u don't need any special splitter to receive FM broadcast.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #23

Well I worked with antenna this weekend and just added a wire and used it for a antenna and it worked better than the fancy power antenna so im just gonna add another antenna and junk the fancy one.
mcmanus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #24

Well the fix was a 17$ universal car antenna which brought in 10 stations plus my weather station, unbelieveable.
mcmanus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #25

Just tried the RCA sound bar radio in my new 2013 Crusader and the AM and FM signals are so weak that I do not receive even one station. The FM antenna is a single wire and the AM antenna is a standard AM loop. Both are mounted behind the fireplace beneath the TV.
I also have the Jensen AM-FM-CD in the bedroom and the radio works, but not real well.
The last RV I had used an external roof mount car radio style antenna and it worked OK.

Any words of wisdom or similar experiences?

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote