Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhc02 View Post
Got it figured out and working. CAbles were hooked up all wrong on back of DVD player.

That is the common issue. They must have the wrong instructions at the plant. Or this one guy at the plant hooks them up wrong so every one and 30 that are assembled are wrong. Lol. Funny but not funny.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #22

SAME PROBLEM HERE! 2017 27RR fresh off assembly. Ugh. TV is on the right input for sure, has to be wiring issue somewhere. I will pop the faceplate off and check it out. Frustrating for such a silly repetitive issue at the plant.
bigbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbull View Post
SAME PROBLEM HERE! 2017 27RR fresh off assembly. Ugh. TV is on the right input for sure, has to be wiring issue somewhere. I will pop the faceplate off and check it out. Frustrating for such a silly repetitive issue at the plant.

Congrats on your new trailer. I love the RR series. What do you haul for toys?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #24

Amazing!
I just had the same issue.
I have a 2015 Prism with a Jensen radio/DVD, etc. unit in the saloon. We never tried the DVD.
I was having problems with the auxiliary sound (TV to house speakers), so I tried the DVD to troubleshoot. The sound from the DVD through the house speakers was great, but there was no picture ("no signal"). I took out the Jensen (4 screws, no problem) and to my amazement I found the yellow video out and 2 (red and white) audio out plugs were not attached to the Jensen. Another example of the flawless quality control of FR.
Anyway, now I've gotten the DVD to work. I still have a potential problem with the TV sound, which is nowhere near as loud and rich when using the house speakers with the TV speakers off in settings. I have to turn the volume control all the way up on the Jensen to hear the TV adequately. Using a DVD, I get good sound at half volume.
Any ideas from you audiophiles?
Thanks in advance.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #25

We usually haul dirt bikes and mountain bikes for the most part.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
Amazing!
I still have a potential problem with the TV sound, which is nowhere near as loud and rich when using the house speakers with the TV speakers off in settings. I have to turn the volume control all the way up on the Jensen to hear the TV adequately. Using a DVD, I get good sound at half volume.
Any ideas from you audiophiles?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff...the issue is that your DVD and TV put out different level signals and when amplified...one (the DVD) sounds a lot louder than the other. This is perfectly normal. Your real problem is the TV sound sucks and needs more ampification than you can give it in the existing system. The critical question is DOES your TV have external audio OUTPUT jacks OR a headphone jack?? If so, you can connect to a soundbar of your choice ...(or any other amplified system) and get better sound through WAY better speaakers and amplifier. You just need connecting cables from your headphone or audio outputs on the TV to the inputs of the amplifier/soundbar. Readily available on Amazon or your local electronics stores.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #27

I just got my 26DBH and had the same issue. I finally took the radio / DVD player out and the RCA cables were plugged into the wrong output. They came this way from factory. Switched the cable to the correct output and it fixed the issue. Rather easy to fix if it's the same issue I had.
Greywolf26dbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #28

Removed the faceplate and then the head unit, all RCA jacks were connected to the wrong location. Fixed this issue and Voila', there is now video.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #29

This forum is great!
Thanks, Camaraderie for your explanation. Now that I know there is nothing "wrong", I'll probably just live with it. I think I more obsessed with getting everything "right" in the Prism, than what the actually result of all this work is.
This attitude may come from my lack of confidence in FR (and probably most other RV manufacturer's) quality control.
Read the next 2 posts after Camaraderie. It seems inconceivable to me that so many head units were connected incorrectly. How many out there have had similar problems with their cars and trucks?
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #30

I just got my 26DBH last week and had the same issue. A friend bought one, and he had it too. Wonder if this is really bad directions at the factory, or if someone is just making us miserable? ;-) Removing the bottom part of the DVD/Radio unit was as easy as pulling it off, then remove 4 screws to gain access to the back of the unit. Yellow cord was plugged into the wrong spot. Moved to the yellow spot, and set the TV to AV Component, and it worked. Easy fix. Thanks to others who have posted the solution.
Scrimpy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:10 AM   #31

They should make this a sticky.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #32

How do I get dvd to play on irv66. I have sound no picture
dkrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrecker View Post
How do I get dvd to play on irv66. I have sound no picture
Since you have sound, the VIDEO is playing. You're not getting it on your TV.
Possible causes:
1. The YELLOW plug cable from the radio is not plugged into a VIDEO input jack on your TV or it has fallen out.
2. The right VIDEO input source selection has not been made on your TV.
3, The Yellow Video cable is not plugged in to the right yellow jack on the back of the radio...or not plugged in at all. There are THREE yellow jacks you could plug into. TWO are VIDEO OUTPUT jacks 1 & 2....and one is a video input jack. You want to select one of the video output jacks. If you're not sure which is which...try all 3 one at a time with the TV set to the right video input.
4. Your yellow video cable has a break. Try a replacement directly.
5. If all of the above fails...you have a broken disc player output stage.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd