Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #61
Site Team

Check this out. Freezer temp below 20° and frig at 32°. Still no fan noise. Don't think its running. Today was overcast in

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130602_214528.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	32026

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130602_214545.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	32027

mid 80s. Had to lower the sensor in frig cause the cantelope froze.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #62

OK, we've had weather in the 80's and I've turned on the fridge specifically to see if the fans would turn on. They never came on. Either when they moved the sensor they broke something or it is really much better. The fridge still gets cold just fine so here's my guess:

The sensor that controls the fans was on the side above the boiler so just the fridge running was causing them to come on all the time and the generated breeze cuased them to go off again. But once it's moved to the other side of the fridge the heat from the boiler isn't causing them to go on all the time so they will really only go on if the air is not moving well through the vent (like if it had a side exhaust in a slider) or if it gets really hot outside (like Arizona).

We're going to make a trip to some hot country later in the summer so we'll see if they ever come on. But for right now I'm going to call the problem "fixed". (the fridge works and my wife can sleep :-))
cobrageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #63

Well, we've completed our trip through the hot country with temps up to 105 and I think they "fixed" things too well. The fans never came on and the fridge would not get cold enough. We ended up throwing out a bunch of food because it just never could keep up with the hot temps.

I'm debating between taking it back to see if they can find some middle ground and just trying to fix it myself by adding a fan that I can switch on and leave on when it seems hot enough. I could rewire the current fans, but I'd have to remove the fridge and void the warranty. But if I just add a fan in the back access with a switch it will be easier.

Does anyone have a fan they'd recommend? I'm guessing we'll only try to do this when we have AC, but I'm thinking to use a 12V fan just in case.

Anyone have a simple, temporary mounting system? I don't want the new fan to reduce the airflow when it's not in use. I pictured mounting the fan only when the weather was hot enough that I was going to run the fan.
cobrageek is offline   Reply With Quote