Old 05-21-2019, 10:32 PM   #1

Norcold refrigerator temperature swing

Hello I have a 2017 norcold refrigerator model # N 306 RM8 in a Cherokee Wolf Pup 16fq. The refrigerator temperature is very stable when running on 110 V. However when running in propane mode the temperature fluctuation can be as great as 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this normal? Seems like I am always playing with the thermostat dial when fridge is running in propane mode. I try to park the TT with the fridge side facing north. I have added two computer fans to draw air across the condenser coils as well as a small battery fan in the refrigerator food compartment to circulate air. Any way to further correct the temperature fluctuation in propane mode? Thanks, Ken.

KenS999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS999 View Post
Hello I have a 2017 norcold refrigerator model # N 306 RM8 in a Cherokee Wolf Pup 16fq. The refrigerator temperature is very stable when running on 110 V. However when running in propane mode the temperature fluctuation can be as great as 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this normal? Seems like I am always playing with the thermostat dial when fridge is running in propane mode. I try to park the TT with the fridge side facing north. I have added two computer fans to draw air across the condenser coils as well as a small battery fan in the refrigerator food compartment to circulate air. Any way to further correct the temperature fluctuation in propane mode? Thanks, Ken.
I would check the flame on your burner it should be a blue with little to no yellow color. Check the ports it the burner bugs like to get in there. Also have the gas pressure to the fridge tested should be 11" of WC water column. That's where I would start.

nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 AM   #3

Thank you. there is a little sight port for the burner and yes it appears to be burning a nice blue.
KenS999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator