Old 09-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #11
Hard to believe because everything I have ever owned made by Coleman was junk , went a bought all new almost everything a few years ago , cooler , lantern , fan , gas grill and every one of the items broke before the weekend was over , first time grilling and the handle on the grill broke and caused me to get burned pretty bad and for paying a couple hundred bucks for it , it didn't last 3 camp outs before it fell apart nothing but junk

14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #12
Originally Posted by ccsvolsfan View Post
No problems with my Dometic. The 15k unit cools the whole 42' Sandpiper. The BR unit only comes on late in day when it is hottest.
On 95+ days with 100% humidity, it stays around 72F inside. Sealing up all ducts, sealing end run of duct and sealing up holes internally on units paid off for me. Also opened up two return air ducts with 2" PVC pipe.
This is why sometimes testimonials are somewhat dubious. 95 and 100% humidity would be a heat index of 161!

ghiotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:58 AM   #13
Was at the show too. I just bought a new 2017 Champagne and it has 3 a/c units on it.picked up in FL .in Aug. and used all 3 units the few days I was there .never thought would need 3 units. keeps the unit very cool.
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:56 AM   #14
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We've been extremely pleased with our Dometic units on our Columbus. The bedroom unit was replaced during the first year under warranty due to excessive noise, but like at least one other person mentioned above - generally we keep only one unit running and can keep things around 74 to 75 even in the blistering hot Texas heat.

We are in our Columbus at least one week out of each month year-round and always stay cool.

Guess we got lucky too.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #15
No issues in our Primetime TH.
Brwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #16
Hey ghiotom, I'm not the weather man. But it was 95+ here in TN and the dew point was in 70's. My Dometic units work extremely well. The heat index was over 100F. And this ain't dubious.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #17
Happy Camper
My 321BHTS came with one Dometic Brisk air II - 1500 and the ONLY reason I installed the second 1500 was due to the July heat index here in Alabama being 100+ deg and the three grand kids leaving the doors wide open every trip in & out.

No problems with my units in the first 2 years.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
ACs Noisy

Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Just an observation of the 100+ units we toured yesterday at the Hershey RV Show.... Keep in mind the outside temp was approximately 78 and all units were in full sun but plugged into shore power.

When we would walk into a unit and it was nice and cool... Coleman/Mach.
Then... walk into a unit that was uncomfortable and/or blowing hot air... Dometic.

To a tee!
My Dometic ACs in my Georgetown cool OK but I wish someone would design a roof AC that was not so noisy. I am wondering if the new Dometic Brisk is much quieter. See link
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #19
Wed. was hot and a long day for me at Hershey but, when I was in a Jayco (I think) I found the A/C quiet. There was some that were more quiet than others. That department is DH's job but since he could not be there I was there to just weed out the ones I don't like inside, lol. You know the wifey job.
Dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #20
Dometic Brisks

Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
My 2016 Pursuit - bought at last year's Hershey show - has a pair of Dometic Brisk Air II 13.5k units. It was like a meat locker in there at the show, and so far (knock wood) I have had no problems with them. I know there was an issue with these - a manufacturing process problem that was supposedly corrected. Hoping mine were made AFTER the fix.
Are your Brisk's any quieter?

hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote