Old 11-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #1

One burner of 3 doesn't light

I have a Suburban SRNA3 range. Recently my propane emptied and, after refilling propane, two of the burners light quickly, but one of the rear burners doesn't light at all. Do I just need to wait till air is flushed out? Is there any separate, serviceable function for each individual burner?

hiker108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #2

Sometimes the pizo lighters become spotty. Pop the top off your stove and notice the position of the pizo ignitors in relation to the burners for the two that light easily. That will give you some idea on what might be the issue.

Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

The burners are not piezo. They are manually lit with knob in "Light" position. I use bic lighter to light. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #4

Is it possible some particulate clogged the burner orifice after a refill.try blowing some compressed air through it. Thanks for the correct spelling on piezo.

I once had all the burner clog on my house boiler where they wouldn't get past a flame bigger than a std. pilot size. Lucky for me a friend who has been in the business for over 30 years looked at it and as a last resort checked the orifices. To his amazement all were clogged. He had never seen that before. Just a thought.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #5

Solved !! Yikes....I popped the top and saw that each burner is connected directly to the main gas manifold. Each burner sits on a simple bracket. In my unit, the single screw attaching the burner and it's gas pipe had come undone and fallen off and the gas pipe had become disconnected at the main manifold ! I reassembled the burner onto the bracket and the pipe at the manifold and voila it lit fine. Conclusion....if you have a manually lit, single burner that doesn't light, then about 99% probable that it has become disconnected from the main manifold, at the point where it connects to the control knob.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #6

My 3 burners light fine but the oven won't get past the lighting of the pilot light. Assumed it was a failing main gas manifold but maybe checking the connections and investigating a clog is all that's required.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65 View Post
My 3 burners light fine but the oven won't get past the lighting of the pilot light. Assumed it was a failing main gas manifold but maybe checking the connections and investigating a clog is all that's required.
The Pilot is harder to light. You need to turn the oven knob to pilot and then press to get it to light, all while your leaning over trying to light the damn thing. But I've found that you need to hold the knob in for several seconds, or more to get the gas flowing then light the pilot.

But it may be clogged if you've tried that.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker108 View Post
Solved !! Yikes....I popped the top and saw that each burner is connected directly to the main gas manifold. Each burner sits on a simple bracket. In my unit, the single screw attaching the burner and it's gas pipe had come undone and fallen off and the gas pipe had become disconnected at the main manifold ! I reassembled the burner onto the bracket and the pipe at the manifold and voila it lit fine. Conclusion....if you have a manually lit, single burner that doesn't light, then about 99% probable that it has become disconnected from the main manifold, at the point where it connects to the control knob.
Just proves that what I was taught a long time ago - if something doesn't work,check the simple things first - lights don't work, check the fuses and bulbs first. Car stalls - check the fuel level first. The list goes on and on.

B47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light