Old 09-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

One control app not connecting

Hello, I can't get my one control app to connect to my RV. I am on the wifi signal for the one control system and trying to log on in the app.
The problem is when my phone is on the wifi signal it doesn't have internet so when I try to log on it says check your internet connection. If I try to log on using 4g it says I can't log on because I'm not on the wifi signal. Anyone else have this problem? What do I do?? Thanks!

Jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #2

You do not need to be connected to the internet, only the one control wifi signal. Whe you see the not connected message ignore it. Go to the one. Ontrol app and log on to the control. There is thread here from ayesr so ago with step by step instructions by others and myself. Ill add the link shortly.

Heres the link: read post 93 and then 92

2017.5 Forester 3051S
2016 Honda Accord
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #3

Thanks Steve, the thread you linked too only has 5 or so posts with no one control info. Am I missing something or did you link the wrong thread? When I try to log on if won't work because my phone has no internet when I'm on the one control wifi. When I try to log on it just keeps trying but says no internet connection. Thanks again!
Old 09-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #4

Just checked, the link is working. Again ignore the error message. As the one control wifi is a closed system you will always see that message.

2017.5 Forester 3051S
2016 Honda Accord
Old 09-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
Just checked, the link is working. Again ignore the error message. As the one control wifi is a closed system you will always see that message.
Hey Steve. This is the thread the link takes me to using a Samsung phone. Sometimes the app seems to get confused, lol.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180915-223645.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	186619
Old 09-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryg View Post
Hello, I can't get my one control app to connect to my RV. I am on the wifi signal for the one control system and trying to log on in the app.
The problem is when my phone is on the wifi signal it doesn't have internet so when I try to log on it says check your internet connection. If I try to log on using 4g it says I can't log on because I'm not on the wifi signal. Anyone else have this problem? What do I do?? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Is this the app you're using? (see photo)

The app has never asked for an internet connection although my connection screen notifies me that internet may not be available.

Even when I'm connected to my home router and cellular data is on, if the RV is within range and I open the One Control app it will swap to the RV router and give me the PIN entry screen.

I'm using a Samsung Android phone. What are you using?

Name:	Screenshot_20180915-224125_Google%20Play%20Store.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	186623Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180915-224928_Settings.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	186624Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180915-224607.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	186625
Old 09-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #7

Off subject. I just learned that if I double tap send the FR app will double post and I can't delete it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20180915-224125_Google%20Play%20Store.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	186621  
Old 09-16-2018, 06:37 AM   #8

Ok checked again and it does work, for me!. I made the original post with myiPad so I just triple checked with my laptop and it works for me. Strange stuff (maybe it has something to do with me boondocking at Cabelas and the internet gods being unhappy )

OP if you search for the the following thread title on the forum it should take you to the correct thread.Of course with my luck on this forum and links its hard to say where it will take you
"Pairing phone with the myRV tablet on my new 2017 Forester"

Kirk thanks for checking, hope all is well with you.

2017.5 Forester 3051S
2016 Honda Accord
Old 09-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #9

Hi guys thanks for the replies. I just got the notification that there were replies now because I forgot I was still on the RV wifi. My phone completely disconnects from internet. I watched videos and searched here and I'm apparently doing everything right but I just can't log on while on the wifi and if I try while not on the wifi it says if cant find the cloud portal in the RV. I tried to change my phone settings as well and I'm using the new note 9. I will try to call the company tomorrow. Thanks again!
Old 09-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryg View Post
Hi guys thanks for the replies. I just got the notification that there were replies now because I forgot I was still on the RV wifi. My phone completely disconnects from internet. I watched videos and searched here and I'm apparently doing everything right but I just can't log on while on the wifi and if I try while not on the wifi it says if cant find the cloud portal in the RV. I tried to change my phone settings as well and I'm using the new note 9. I will try to call the company tomorrow. Thanks again!
I have to watch my connection. Anytime I go near the RV my Note 8 switches routers and I stop receiving notifications. I don't notice it until I try to use the internet.
Hope you find a solution as the app is a handy thing to have.