Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 11:57 PM   #1

OTR Mobile

Anyone here use this service, https://www.otrmobile.com/. I'm currently in the wilds of SD & trying to watch TV. I have an iPhone on Verizon that I can talk & text on, check Facebook & my mail, etc. Tv watching is a hit & miss off my hotspot feature. I don't know if its a low internet speed or throttling. I've been told a dedicated hotspot device works better than using your phone. This outfit sounds like a good deal, but I can't find out much about it. Any opinions?
CorkyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #2

I use the Verizon jetpack 8800l you can put external antennas on it for better signal. Has been working great for me. And it's only $20 per month unlimited if you are already a Verizon customer.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvs4602 View Post
I use the Verizon jetpack 8800l you can put external antennas on it for better signal. Has been working great for me. And it's only $20 per month unlimited if you are already a Verizon customer.

Thanks for the reply. I too have Verizon, but am concerned about throttling. Streaming takes a lot of bandwidth & I don’t have the best signal where I’m at. Any degradation of the signal might give me buffering issues.
CorkyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #4

hotspot throttling

We have not had a problem with throttling yet. My wife and I are using this as our primary internet at home and take it on the road when we travel. here is a thread on IRV2 that is pretty good setup if you have the money. Best RV Internet for Dummies - iRV2 Forums

Hope this helps
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote