Old 08-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #1

Outlets not working

I have a 2011 301 RLS Lacrosse. This morning I find outlets on one side of the TT aren't working. All of the appliances are working properly, all fuses are good to go. Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance

Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Campfire Master

Sounds like the GFI has been tripped. Check around for the plug that has it and hit the reset button. Guessing it's in your bath area. And ,welcome, glad you're here!

John

Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVid View Post
Sounds like the GFI has been tripped. Check around for the plug that has it and hit the reset button. Guessing it's in your bath area. And ,welcome, glad you're here!

John
GFCI or the breaker for that circuit are the two that I'd check.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #4

I just had this happen to me and it was 1 leg of the 50 amp not working. I hooked everything up like I would at home and all was fine. Once the 50 amp was hooked back up it went back to 1/2 the outlets not working. Had the campground host check it with a meter to make sure.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #5

Guys thanks for tips, however still no power to one side of outlets. I have reset breakers, GFI socket, and actually moved camper sites. I am not sure if this is an indicator but the GFI socket has a amber light and it goes off when I push the reset button in, but comes back on when I release it. I'm pulling my hair out!!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD71 View Post
Guys thanks for tips, however still no power to one side of outlets. I have reset breakers, GFI socket, and actually moved camper sites. I am not sure if this is an indicator but the GFI socket has a amber light and it goes off when I push the reset button in, but comes back on when I release it. I'm pulling my hair out!!
Your GFI is doing its job. You have something that's causing it to trip. Unplug appliances that are on this circuit and try to reset; a GFI can protect multiple outlets. An appliance may be shorted and causing the issue. If it continues to trip you have an issue with your wiring or plugs; bad ground, short, etc. this means pulling plates and testing.

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #7

MikeD71, when you mention that you don't have power to one side of outlets, are you saying you don't have power to either the top or lower part of the same receptacle? If that is the case then it could be that way purposely so that you don't plug in two appliances in the same receptacle.....my receptacles in the slide out bedroom are like that....you can take the receptacle out and check if a tab has been removed from the back of the receptacle......
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #8

GFCI's can be or go faulty especially if subjected to cold damp weather. I have had several do this. With the power OFF to the entire TT remove the GFCI from the box that it is in. The wires on the back go into holes or under screws marked LINE and LOAD. remove the LOAD wires leaving the line wires connected. Ensure that the wires do not touch the box. Taping around the GFCI will help. Turn the power on and push the reset. If the GFCI resets it's good there is a fault on the LOAD side. GFCI's will not reset without power. If the GFCI doesn't reset the problem is on the line side.